• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

North East Bashers @ South Shields Beach 16/6/13

Carl160180

Well here's my spring and the 8k from tpDSC_0078-2.jpg

Mines on the left... Tps 8k on right

The one on the left looks worn out to me its been stretched by the looks of it due to shoes been worn right down ??? They normally just snap

lol only been ran once ,shoes on clutch are still new and full size

Or well lol I normally run a 9500 in mine and have no issues like I'd of thought the 10k one would of been a different color like 9.5 are grey 8k red and so on

Or well lol I normally run a 9500 in mine and have no issues like I'd of thought the 10k one would of been a different color like 9.5 are grey 8k red and so on

10k should be purple or something, but when I looked online it was just a brighter red color. stupid really

Just started car up and noticed little tiny hole on 1 of the welds on exhaust bout 2mm? And leaking bit of oil and fuel from the bk of engine where exhaust connects? What shall I do ring rcmodlez

Is it leaking from the hole in the weld or aswell as at the head?

Id ring em but there not gonna do nowt now on a friday a wouldnt have thought.. Spot of weld will sort it like, tell em you will keep it if they give ya some cash back.

Just had mine out to test after re_fit.. Works lol.

Starts better now with a shiney new 668.

Edited by biggaz

Is it leaking from the hole in the weld or aswell as at the head?

Id ring em but there not gonna do nowt now on a friday a wouldnt have thought.. Spot of weld will sort it like, tell em you will keep it if they give ya some cash back.

Yeah smoke coming from hole aswell, I've rung them driving down tomorrow to change it, will I need new gasket for now I've took exhaust off? When I put new bk on can I use some gasket sealant too?

bah no delivery for me :( will have to wait to get my engine back in.

oh well will have to just fit my front brakes tonight instead (thanks mick)

should be all good for next week tho.   any one fancy getting rav to call whickham and see if we can get on there again?

Ive seen 10k red and they looked tighter coils like the one on the right lol?

Thing is ya car disnt shoot off tho like it wud have with 10k

Edited by biggaz

Yeah I rung them he said I can pop down

Anyone need anything from rcmodlez while I'm down there tomorrow?

Gonna put a new zaust on for ya then? The one you have is the dom style one, good pipe for the 23, try to get the same ;)

The one on the left looks worn out to me its been stretched by the looks of it due to shoes been worn right down ??? They normally just snap

Billbo, where ya get ya 9.5s?

Gonna put a new zaust on for ya then? The one you have is the dom style one, good pipe for the 23, try to get the same ;)

Yeah he said he will change for new 1, would it be worth trying to haggle a better 1 out of him for the convenience? Or just get same?