• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper ST centre diff.....again....

Nitroholic

yes, if you look at the oil guide there's also conversion table and recommended (starting) oil per buggy/truggy, your 7/10/3 is typical setup for truggy but it really means 70K/100K/30K cst (or wt/10)

if you decide to shim it you can use HSP81069 shim/washer set

yep, bit confusing, I used 50/100/30K for my truggy for start, based on other sites recommendation 70/100/30K seems to be optimal

I think you need to try something first and see if it's ok for you or not ?

I’ve spoken to a couple of stores. As usual, Modelsport have offered the most insight with knowledge and experience. 80k/100k/30k (similar ratio as usual) but where nitro is 7k/10k/3k the brushless has instant torque on tap and requires the much higher rating.

I will probably go with that. As usual, I can get the oil slightly cheaper elsewhere online but I will be buying off MS due their help and support. 

Edited by Nickarla

Back on topic slightly. Can the broken diff gears be a result of, or at least made worse by the lack of a slipper clutch which would have allowed some ‘give’ upon landing and bad impact, preserving the drivetrain?