• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

My Brushless Super Cub + a few mods

So my brushless mount arrived from the US last week. Here is the maiden, takes off with minimal landing strip reqs.

My aerilons are working a treat too thanks to the tweaks suggested by Sean and Tamiya :good:

The motor is a Turnigy Parkfly 480 1020kv.

I have added a carbon rod to the wing too, to strengthen and flatten it to stop it self leveling. Oh and I added some chunkier wheels too front and back.

Sorry about my sons dodgy camera work lol to be fair to him he had the sun in his eyes and was videoing on an iphone!

Rolls and loops a treat now.

Nice flying with a great cub :) the takeoff run is hilariously short with such a powerful motor!

My cub is standard for now but maybe I'll go for a bigger motor at some point. At the moment I'm just enjoying getting the hang of it

• 1 year later...

I know i might be opening an old thread here but i have a question to ask.

When you upgraded the motor on your cub to brushless did you have to upgrade the esc?

Yes you do have to upgrade the ESC.The best and easiest way to do it is buy the whole kit.Motor mount,ESC,motor and prop.

Did you loose the SAFE technology when you upgraded? I am not sure whether the SAFE is built into the circuit board inside the fuselage when you take the wing off

Yes you loose the safe when you go brushless as its built in.Its not a big problem tho because if you are upgrading to brush less you should be good comfortable enough not to need safe.