• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

13 hours ago, Coops said:

^^^ liking that, and come at the opportune moment now my wing has bust.

Local to me also :D

11 hours ago, Deafty said:

Please report on wings performance in comparison to the gurt.

I still need a truggy shell as the mini8t one is horribly thin :(

Spoke to him yesterday again, guys on Oople should you wish to get one and save a few pennies.  I shall be ordering one today - noticed at the weekend the Turbo shell got a crack when it was stood on :(  Nothing major but it'll propagate - I shall ream a small hole at the end of it then reinforce from the inside with gorilla tape and see hoe it goes. 

If anyone comes across an un-cut Phat Turbo shell please let me know.  

15 hours ago, capri-boy said:

Couldn't help myself having buyitus I had to get one, couldn't find the guy on oOple so didn't save a few pennies. Thanks for the heads up Capri-boy

Edited by Fontie

EDIT 2:// The linked pinions are for 2mm (and a bit) motor shafts.  EMB is aprox 3.17mm.  I am currently asking the source for more info.

+++++

Need a pinion?  Well theres now a new source for a great range or tooth counts :)

HERE from Germany ranging from 12t to 24t :D

Z stands for zahne which means teeth fyi ;)

Bookmark it now pleaseas I doubt I CBA'd linking it every month :lol:

Edit:// Not sure if over 21t will even fit on stock mount/spur but worth a try maybe?

Edited by Deafty
fitment
  • Like 1

Yeah you are completely correct.  I took this info from from a german site stating they had fitted em to the emb!  I'll be asking whats going on.

I apologise.

Though I'll be boring one out to fit if thats whats needs to be done for a 20t ;)

On the subject of wings i use an ofna high downforce 1/12 wing, now i have no idea on how good it would be for racing at all but i can tell you it is very very strong.

20150722_131823-1_zps2zz47nly.jpg

Si

• Like 1

On 1/15/2016 at 7:10 PM, silone74 said:

On the subject of wings i use an ofna high downforce 1/12 wing, now i have no idea on how good it would be for racing at all but i can tell you it is very very strong.

20150722_131823-1_zps2zz47nly.jpg

Si

That looks like a 1/8 plastic (abs?) wing?  I'd imagine it's unbreakable!  I'd think the weight might throw her off jumping though?

With 1:10 lexan wings mine wants to point it's nose up, purely through drag, trimming the back down more aggressively sorted that.

9 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

That wing is originally off a HN CRT.5 it's just a scale down 1/8 wing in material and style, I ran one on a Hyper TT and it was bombproof 

Cheers, 

Re reading my comment I didn't mean it was a 1/8 wing - doh - just looked the same construction.  My little emb is pretty much spot on at the moment - foams and a 1:10 wing cut down and she sticks to the track very well.

28 minutes ago, .AJ. said:

That wing is originally off a HN CRT.5 it's just a scale down 1/8 wing in material and style, I ran one on a Hyper TT and it was bombproof

that's right, originally a crt.5 wing and you can buy them as the high downforce wing in the larger 1/8 scale, they are bullet proof. Not used one for racing but it may be an option.

Si

On 14/01/2016 at 3:27 PM, Deafty said:

Yeah you are completely correct.  I took this info from from a german site stating they had fitted em to the emb!  I'll be asking whats going on.

I apologise.

Though I'll be boring one out to fit if thats whats needs to be done for a 20t ;)

Lc racing do a 20t and 21t pinion incase you didn't know

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/250679/

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/250680/

Edited by silone74

If you get them from wheelspin on shadow stock they are pretty good, i have ordered other parts listed as shadow stock and they arrived surprisingly fast, give lc racing a quick message they should sort some for you.

Si

Apex models have stock.

What size is the stock truggy pinion?

I am thinking of getting a truggy but really want to get a good review from owners, i am in 3 minds to get or not to :)

Si

I like the lc monster truck.  I'm planning to buy one for skate park bashing so I will need tbone bumpers and any strength mods. I'll shoe goo the bodies as i usually do. 

Asiatees has the brushed rally for £70 rtr. But the spec of the bl looks so much better I would rather the bl chassis. 

£180 for the lc monster is the best price on ebay from Rcmart so is Surley a good price but could I do it cheaper? 

Like buying the brushless rally then fitting the monster shell and wheels. The truggy is £155 on ebay but ide rather the monster if that's the best price. 

Buying a bl spec roller would be very appealing too. Then I would use hobbywing Leppard elecs. 

Does all versions use the same size arms so swapping wheels, shell and gearing is all that's needed to convert. 

I would be intrested in having the rally and monster option mainly. Once im driving I'm going to look at racing all my rcs too. 

Edited by RCbutcher

1 hour ago, RCbutcher said:

I like the lc monster truck.  I'm planning to buy one for skate park bashing so I will need tbone bumpers and any strength mods. I'll shoe goo the bodies as i usually do. 

Asiatees has the brushed rally for £70 rtr. But the spec of the bl looks so much better I would rather the bl chassis. 

£180 for the lc monster is the best price on ebay from Rcmart so is Surley a good price but could I do it cheaper? 

Like buying the brushless rally then fitting the monster shell and wheels. The truggy is £155 on ebay but ide rather the monster if that's the best price. 

Buying a bl spec roller would be very appealing too. Then I would use hobbywing Leppard elecs. 

Does all versions use the same size arms so swapping wheels, shell and gearing is all that's needed to convert. 

I would be intrested in having the rally and monster option mainly. Once im driving I'm going to look at racing all my rcs too. 

Deafty is the man to talk to re differences between versions, there def two different chassis lengths.

I've a bnib MT untouched base removing the radio gear that I'm thinking of selling, I just don't see me using it.

The mt has the short chassis same as the buggy, the rally is longer chassis same as sct and truggy, all other parts apart from the longer middle drive shaft and top brace for the longer chassis are the same.

Si

Edited by silone74