• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Shumacher lc racing EMB-1

silone74

• 2 weeks later...

Had her out for a little run this afternoon and the tyres are not gonna last long lol, if your thinking of a motor other than stock then the leopard I have is a perfect choice, on 19t pinion it has a great power from setting off right through to top end, blipping the throttle to keep control made it fun and flipping it a few times just putting the power down, I would love to see how it coped on an indoor track because if the driver was up to it I can see this being a great competitive car with this motor in it.

Another crash and the first ever carbon fibre tower I have broken, I have had some big crashes with out breakage and this one was a hard landing directly on the tower. I am a big fan on carbon towers lets hope the newer sos towers can hold up abit better.

20140301_165753-1_zpsv3sunm9g.jpg

Edited by silone74

It was not a big bad one but it was a heavy landing straight on the tower and a dead stop no slide or roll, I have fitted the alloy tower now until I get a new cf tower but also been tinkering with the mini 8, I will post about that on the mini 8 thread :)

Si

Trying out a new wing today, I had seen some one on another forum using it so I thought I would give it a go 20140308_141505-1_zpstxeosrvh.jpg

20140308_141357-1_zpssco4hysv.jpg

• Like 1

Wing holds up brilliantly for bashing, It would need a racer to see how it goes on a track but at least it doesn't crack at the first sign of a crashs lol, the mini 8 has a new lease of life now the cm26 has been put in it now is the faster of the 3 it is a shame there no longer produced. Just the tyres to replace on my sons today no breakages :)

20140308_172933-1_zpsiizyxshu.jpg

What wing is it and did u get the leopard motor from in the uk

It is the wing for an ofna crt.5 truggy, high down force, bought it from the US, the motor came from

http://www.smartteknik.se/uk/brushless-motors/motor-lba2838-5200kv-4-pole.html

Si

Edited by silone74

It is the wing for an ofna crt.5 truggy, high down force, bought it from the US, the motor came from http://www.smartteknik.se/uk/brushless-motors/motor-lba2838-5200kv-4-pole.html

Si

Thanks si for the link will get one ordered when funds allow off racing my xb4 at Telford astro track tomorrow looks a brilliant track

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got myself a gtb to to go with my m8 and emb, I still think the emb makes a better car, I have gone for a different motor to stock now although the stock is a cracking motor that has been past to my son for his emb.

I was considering the GTB, but fancied a kit and never had any issues with my previous EMB-1, also I love the layout, I'm pretty much going to do a carbon copy of my old buggy. Already ordered softer springs and RPM rod ends :)

I think lc have put softer springs in the kit over the older ones after people asked sun ben for them, I know my sons had softer springs in his than mine