• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Loft find

Thorpey69

Just putting a couple of boxes into the loft when I spotted one of my old Beatties bags,inside I found this...

90801290-2609-41D1-A832-1AB2B146D6D0-613

I believe it's a Schumacher Wildcat,I remember buying it and building it,pretty sure I got it from Maplins at lakeside and it was marketed as unbreakable,the chassis was a strange plate type affair and the car had no suspension just relied on its balloon type tyres,it has rollers at the front and the rear for when it wheelies which it did a lot!

I'm very tempted to chuck some basic electrics in it and give it some grief again,the 1st time I ran it was when I lived in my flat over 10 years ago and I remember being excited as you are when you run a model for the 1st time,within 20 yards I had hit a post and broken the front of the chassis,thus disproving the unbreakable sales spiel lol.

7AF29DCB-DA18-4C9A-8611-4F24493D7A74-613

• Like 1

Always nice to find something you had forgotten.

Good luck on parts though...should you need them. Part numbers are here though- http://www.racing-cars.com/images/Technical_info/Schumacher/Old%20Cars/Wildcat/Exploded%20Diagram/wildcatexploded.pdf

The car still has a motor in it which from memory was quite fruity,not to sure what to do about a speed controller? I have a servo which will do the steering and can cobble together some radio gear for it,quite looking forward to having a play with this one as it used to spin around like a lunatic on its back wheels and roof.