• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Check this ebay listing for phantom he found

This ok Hebby?

Hello there pal, I'm writing you a message with regards to the DJI Phantom Quadcopter you had listed on ebay, Is it still availabe for sale? I have

Edited by Carl160180

This ok Hebby?

Hello there pal, I'm writing you a message with regards to the DJI Phantom Quadcopter you had listed on ebay, Is it still availabe for sale? I have

Edited by hebby

mrs just pointed out that its not theft if he found it...its dishonest , but not illegal...the cops will not bat an eyelid.

Best bet would be to establish contact and then tell him the full story...and see if you can come to some arrangement.

If you go in heavy handed he can just tell you to do one and you wont be able to call the law.

I'm not trying to cause any upset...but I dont want you to go down a certain road and then end up with no backup...

make sense ?

No wont go in heavy handed mate will obv tell the story and see what he wants to do about it  :thumbsup:  and if he wants tobe funny then i will say ok will phone the police ans see what they say  :thumbsup:

Just had a thought..................

If he claims he found in poland and if you look closley at his listing discription its jumbled like its written by somebody that doesnt know good english  :thumbsup:

And right across from where the quadcopter landed is a subway that have all polish workers inside so guess who is off to subway for dinner  :xd:

mrs just pointed out that its not theft if he found it...its dishonest , but not illegal...the cops will not bat an eyelid.

Best bet would be to establish contact and then tell him the full story...and see if you can come to some arrangement.

If you go in heavy handed he can just tell you to do one and you wont be able to call the law.

I'm not trying to cause any upset...but I dont want you to go down a certain road and then end up with no backup...

make sense ?

Theft by finding is actually an offence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft_by_finding

Report to the police mate you never know until you try, all the evidence adds up so they will have to look into it surly

Just emailed this guy!!

Hi there,this Phantom must have been found close to your location as poland dose not have full GPS coverage,if this is true then I would be intrested in the sale..

Kind Regards..

Hope he he dose not play poker :yes:

His reply..

Dear 2687graham,

no more available. sorry.

- amstaff3078

Theft by finding is actually an offence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theft_by_finding

This is actually true. Definition of theft is A person is guilty of theft if they dishonestly appropriate property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it.

The guy has found something and has not taken reasonable steps to locate the true owner of that property. He should have taken it to a police station or contacted a model rc organisation to take reasonable steps. Therefore he is guilty of theft by finding. If it were a bic pen or a five pound note for example then he could argue that reasonable steps could not be taken to find the owner. Anything of value then he has to prove he tried to locate the true owner.

You should contact the police and insist that they put on a report. If they went to his address then they would probably not arrest him but you would get your stuff back.

Hope this helps mate.

• Like 2

Just had a message back from him this is what he wrote back

hi. this one is for sure not yours. this one comes wwith me fro m Poland 2 weeks ago and was found in january in Poland. send me a serial number and i Can send to you back serial number from mine. you are not first person which tryed to extort this quadcopter. this quadcopter was purchased from polish shop in Poland. all was reported to ebay. thank you

So my reply was if he would kindly meet with me and even bring a friend just to check the numbers and transmitter if it is not mine he is free to do what he wishes with it.