• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Pull Start

reggie

I've broken mine & can't fix it. I am able to buy an exact replacement from Motorsport, but I was wondering if anyone knows if a different make would fit, as the pull string on mine (force .21) is more like cotton & doesn't last 5 minutes.

is it the string thats snapped?

If so you dont need to buy a new one just get some of your own string and put it in :good:

No, the string couldn't have broke, because the knot was still intact, when it came away. I believe the end of the spring broke, where it slots into the centre of the spool, but the string just doesn't look that strong.

You must be pulling it out too far then, your meant to do short quick pulls, i broke about 2 pullstarts before i found that out.

Won't be pulling them out too far anymore. I've just lobbed both of them in the bin. They've totally stressed me out to-night trying to fix them. Gonna try & invent a better idea, until I get a replacement.

Are your fingers shredded to bits (did you have to recoil the spring)? I know the feeling (goes like 'ooooooooouuuuch'), and sometimes it's just worth waiting frr a new one.

Yes to all of that. New day, new beginning. I've calmed down now, so going to order 2 new ones from motorsport. Apart from anything else, I've bought new fuel & I'm not going to waste it :D

Excellent news. Very accomodating chap in the model shop, supplied a new spring & also fitted a much stronger pull string to my broken one, all for the cost of 10 euros. Gonna get him to repair the other one so I've got a spare & he's also going to take a look at the car for me & tune it correctly. :D

Excellent news. Very accomodating chap in the model shop, supplied a new spring & also fitted a much stronger pull string to my broken one, all for the cost of 10 euros. Gonna get him to repair the other one so I've got a spare & he's also going to take a look at the car for me & tune it correctly. :D

Lol! why he tuning it...

So many god dam things affect the tune...

By all means get him to show you how to tune... no problem

Ziggy

Lol! why he tuning it...

So many god dam things affect the tune...

By all means get him to show you how to tune... no problem

Ziggy

I'm getting him to look at it, 'cos I've had numerous go's at tuning it & can't get it right. Two heads are better than one & if he can do better than me, then I'll be happy.

I'm getting him to look at it, 'cos I've had numerous go's at tuning it & can't get it right. Two heads are better than one & if he can do better than me, then I'll be happy.

Ziggy is trying to say its all well and good if he gets it going but try to be there when he does,its no good him getting it going and you not knowing what he did or how to do it yourself.

Nitro is all about experience :good:

All started out Ok at the lhs. The guy was quite enthusiastic. He got it running & started adjusting the carb, but when he gave it a bit of throttle, it cut out still. Carried on fiddling about, but eventually what was happening, was, he'd rev it up & let go of the throttle & it would still rev momentarily & then come down after a delay. He reckons it's sucking in air somewhere. His solution was to try & sell me another engine, but this one I have, has only just been run in. He got fed up in the end, said "adios" & went for a coffee. Quite hilarious really. Anyway, I'm back to square one. I've got another carb & am going to try that on it. Failing that, I'm stumped

Have you tried looking for an air leak? Theres a method involving soapy water that is meant to work, cant remember exactly what you are meant to do though...

Unlucky with the whole lhs experience...

Yeah, I've seen that on a post here somewhere. Will have a peruse for it. I've stripped the carb & fitted my old exhaust back on, so gonna have a go myself again tomorrow. I'm not too bothered, 'cos being the persistent bugger that I am, I know I'll get it going eventually :D