• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder Tiger ST4 G3/MT4 G3/EB4 G3 Owners Thread

• 1 month later...

35e592ce0f6cd03edf786994ab6ee98e.jpg

Hi guys. ST4 basher from Denmark here. Yesterday i broke the front left shock. Couldn't stand the meeting with a iron plate covering a hole in the ground. Now i have to get myself a set of replacements and i might as well get some good ones.

What should i buy? I don't want to modify the chassis, just plug and play;-)

Thanks.

Hi guys. ST4 basher from Denmark here. Yesterday i broke the front left shock. Couldn't stand the meeting with a iron plate covering a hole in the ground. Now i have to get myself a set of replacements and i might as well get some good ones.

Thanks.

Welcome dude! !...what's the length of ur shoxs so people go can suggest things easyer

Thanks.

I have a set ofmpt4 shocks sitting here doing nothing you can gave them for

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

Was reading through this thread as my MT4G3 has been sat unused for a couple of years. Want to get back in to it. Have only upgraded the Servo on it.

Mourning the loss of WonderTiger and URC forum, wanted to refer to the guides and people experience on there.

1)Front left side (from sitting in perspective!) Drive shaft is bent. Are the Universal front shafts the same both sides? 

2)Have bent both shock towers - could be straightened I guess may double up. Worth getting upgraded ones? Are there any other brands that fit.

3) Front shock shaft also left side bent - shock 'sticks' down. I guess the shaft can be replaced, but was thinking of upgrading. I hear the Associated 8.2T fit or the AE 8.2 buggy Rears. Which is the best upgrade path currently?  I have also heard about the Ofna or Hobao shocks might fit? Any others you guys are aware of? 

Think ThunderTiger still see the truck on their website. Shame it isn't more popular..

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 28/09/2021 at 19:38, Danceswithferrets said:

I've just rebuilt my mt4g3, every nut and bolt. This thing is just as much fun as I remember, tough fast and guaranteed to put a smile on my face.

Anyone else still running their mt4g3?

Where did do you find the parts? I havent run mine in years due to lack of parts.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/10/2021 at 19:33, AlexM said:

Randomly got an email about this thread. I still have my mt4 g3, I am considering building another from all the parts I have - can I source any parts I’m missing?

Most of the parts are available but they are in germany on ebay, sometimes theres a few listed on uk ebay but i have never had to buy any spares lol

• 2 weeks later...

As said above parts can be found on ebay, also parts from other cars can be used. Part numbers are on the thundertiger website. I've fitted some arrma kraton rear shocks, arrma senton front shocks. The kraton shocks were 15mm too long at 135mm. I used a 10mm length of fuel pipe on the shaft inside the shock body to reduce the length. Works fine, looks great. I have a bunch of diff spares, arms and driveshafts. A length of silver steel to make hinge pins. Could do with a decent body at some point and will probably upgrade the radio gear. It's a pretty tough little car, should be good till it ain't.

Hi Guys, I am still driving mine pretty regulary - here and there, nothing crazy. I try to be cautious - a case could be made that I drive like old grandma. Still - I managed to broke my lower back arm the other day (pd 2334 or pd9425 - depends on the manufacturer). I was not able to find the replacement yet, I do not want to spend three times the price on the delivery fee from Australia, so I think I will sell the rig and buy something smaller. Even if I was able to source the back arm, the situation will only get worse as far as the availability of the parts go.

In case you want to see some photos - nothing special, just to get some nostalgic feelings.

20160325_125654.jpg

IMG_20170930_084813.jpg

IMG_20170930_090539.jpg

IMG_20180210_110957.jpg

IMG_20180310_114126.jpg

IMG_20211025_111214.jpg

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know the part number for the centre differential gasket for ST1 which I believe is the same as these trucks. I have a brushless converted ST1 that I am trying  to get up and running but centre diff leaking 

Edited by sunny