• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Thunder Tiger ST4 G3/MT4 G3/EB4 G3 Owners Thread

I have the MT4 not EB4, motor temps have been ok with stock gearing on loose dirt, grass and tarmac during the colder times.

I have switched to a caste 2200kv motor as I had one kicking about which runs slightly cooler but not massively. Last time out motor got up to about 65C but it was a roasting hot day and I was hammering it a bit on the grass 100%, not sure of the ambient temp but I was sweating like a stuck pig just standing there in shorts and tee shirt! - not something that happens often in scotland I might add!

Cheers will have a think what to keep and sell etc,.

++

One thing I did with mine which dropped temps nicely was to drill vent on the side of both the top and bottom trays.  Drill on a big angle from front to back which really allows heaps of air to rush into the closed cage.

little easy mod for ya mate would be to get some mesh and close in the top tray,  massive help with the aftermath of cleaning ;)

edit,. forgot you know all about the g3 series,.sorry,. still I aint seen the vent mod I've done before,. and well worth it imo.

Edited by Deafty

I'm planing to do the mesh mod on this one but the cage does such a good job to keeping the car clean I never got round to it. I am planing to make some mud flaps.

My buggy came with mud flaps !.

It arrived! the motor is very stiff and doesn't want to move that easily, I've tried re meshing the motor and it still seems very stiff. The car also has a large amount of dust on the car and in the box and the sticker was broken so I think someone might have opened the car before me. On closer inspection the spur gear looks as it been used as part of it looks warn. I have another look over the car tonight and see if there are any other problems. If so I'll send modelsport an email to see if they will return for a refund or if they can swap it. I was happy at first but looking at the car and finding these problems has really annoyed me.

Edited by alex97

Where the seals broken on the box ?

If it's not used MS will take it back just drop them a quick email

There's some pics of mine a few pages back .

Just remember it's a 4 pole motor so that may be why you think it's stiff?

If it came from the factory thou and it was sealed it shouldn't have been dusty ?

Try moving the pinion so it's not meshed and push it forward to see if it's binding anywhere ? Could be it's over shimmed ?

End of the day if not happy with it send it back

That's weird, especially coming from modelsport. The box should be sealed and no dust should be present in the box.

Could have been an ex-display car? If so, should have been sold as an ex-display...  

Sending the car back will cost you at least

It will be going back but as its a problem at Modelsports end they should pay the return postage, I think the least Modelsport can do is pay the postage. I hope that someone can answer this but when you got the car where was your battery lead? In all the unboxing videos its in the bag with the manual but mine was just in the box.

Edited by alex97

From what you have said,. this has clearly been (at a  minimum) touched by someone after leaving the factory.

Was the chassis cable tied in?  I would also check that all the other extras are there too (tool bag etc etc,.)  The battery lead is normally in this bag too.  What about the TX, any signs of trim adjustments made?

I trust and hope this gets replaced at no cost and at little time expense for you.

Edited by Deafty

Sounds to like a return resent out I'd have asked for cash off a little dust can be brushed off and as for thread lock the new models are caked in the stuff. You really shouldn't be messing with removing bits as MS will check it when you return it and if it's not as should be (untouched) they may refuse the return ..

Postage might have to be covered by you unless they have said they will ?

Out of curiosity,. Here in Germany, anything you buy new u can return within 14 days no questions asked.

Is it the same in the UK? or is it seller rules.

Your EB4 should be a simple replace and return, as MD says it's likely yours has allready been returned (at least once).  If everything is in order, I would personally request a partial refund and keep it.

With anything like this over here for me (even crappy ebay shops) I get a replacement in the mail which includes prepaid shipping printouts.  From which I then send back what was agreed.  I effectively then have 2 of the articles in my possession until I go to the post office.  I like and appreciate this system a lot :)

++++

2 weeks left for my hobby and I am now running a Mt4 truggy :lol:

Out of curiosity,. Here in Germany, anything you buy new u can return within 14 days no questions asked.

Is it the same in the UK? or is it seller rules.

Your EB4 should be a simple replace and return, as MD says it's likely yours has allready been returned (at least once).  If everything is in order, I would personally request a partial refund and keep it.

With anything like this over here for me (even crappy ebay shops) I get a replacement in the mail which includes prepaid shipping printouts.  From which I then send back what was agreed.  I effectively then have 2 of the articles in my possession until I go to the post office.  I like and appreciate this system a lot :)

++++

2 weeks left for my hobby and I am now running a Mt4 truggy :lol:

Yes it is the same here, it is distance selling regulations - I think without specific right to cancel policy being clearly posted the return period is 14 days, although they can stipulate a different return period if they wish in a cancellations policy but it cannot be less than 7 days I think.

If there is no distance selling right to cancel policy posted on the sales website then seller has to cover return postage in all cases, if they have a right to cancel policy I think they can pass the return cost onto the buyer but not for faulty goods (this would apply as seals broken) or if they send a substitute item which you do not want - for example as commonly happens with MS, you order a black Xerun and they send a blue one, it is a substitution and they HAVE to provide return postage and a FULL refund.

From 13th June 2014 the DSR is I think superseded by the Consumer Contracts Regulations, not looked into the implications of that but more info can be found at http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/distance-selling-regulations

Edited by Louise-Paisley

So in other words read all the small print and no your rights I guess is the easiest way to put it

Trouble I see is you have no proof it wasn't sealed and it wasn't you who messed with it so there has to be some give and take somewhere ?

I really don't see it being a problem returning it to MS as there customer service is one of the best but like I said if you intend to return things you should start messing with them . I'm sure I have read something about it in there small print but I'm not going to stake my name on it

I suppose it's back to the drawing board on what to buy now then ?