• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

The Toxic Monster, savvy flux xl, alza racing center diff conversion, castle 1717, mamba xl2.

Toxic Basher

It's definitely worth doing IMO but don't expect it to be a straight drop in and play upgrade. You really need to have a tinker with gearing and diff oils to find what's best for you and to keep everything running within limits. That's why I ditched the mmm, it's an awesome combo but at only 120amp the esc is always on limit in a bigger truck.

As for what it helps with, it really smooths out the power delivery and makes the truck much better to drive, it'll still double backflip through the air etc and borders on insane when geared up a touch but it means I can actually get the power down now.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks mate, ive just ordered from america before I seen your post, works out a little cheaper but I have to wait on delivery. I contacted modelsport yesterday about 300k/500k and was told they had nothing of those weights

Not had it out for a few weeks bud, it won't be out till the suns shining :) cleaning Rc cars is not my scene anymore and I hate them dirty so no wet running at all.

+1.

Rusty bearings are also a nightmare. If the bearing supporting the diff pinion fails, the pinion and Crown gears fall out of alignment and smash each other to pieces! I know, been there, done that.

Roll on summer!

• Like 1

just bought a few bits from alza including centre diff,has it gotta be a vorza centre diff that needs fitting or will something else fit.

its just i got a losi 8 diff sat here doing nowt.

cheers jabba.

Just got a reprimand here at work for using too much time reading this bloody thread :whistling: 

WICKED work you've accomplished and  :thumbsup: to you Toxic Basher for your tale of endurance and to all the others for additional info. 

Thinking about selling some cars to gather the dough needed for some Alza/FLM loving  :xd: and turn my truck into a  :tank:

Well all my alza racing items have turned up this morning,well happy,3-4 days postage,the quality is next level.

i would'nt have known about alza if it was'nt for this thread.

cheers for sharing toxic.  

jabba.

Finally got my savage out for its first run yesterday.

1037ca313e18ff3bc5768f476e119033_zpsb626

It went much better than I was expecting. The only change I want to make is thicker oil in the centre diffs the front tyres were ballooning a bit much. Also need to fit my battery boxes. It's got enough torque to wheelie, top end is fast, at a guess I'd say high fourties (mph), and temps were fine.

• Like 2

8b2416bf9be9c06768de51307731af0b_zps5064

7232d6c9569b1de126750619fe2f3fc3_zpsfa79

Xl conversion is nearly finished my shell and diff oils arrived yesterday so im just waiting on my vorza diff arriving so I can get my alza racing cd fitted. If my vorza diff doesn't arrive by monday ill have to make a claimexpecting to its past its arrival date. Is there anywhere in the uk I can get a vorza diff from? Cant find 1 this side of the world!!

I took front and rear diffs out yesterday to lube them, 100k in the front and 10k in the rear and ive 300k waiting for the center. On opening the diff the gears were lightly greased but no lube at all sitting in the cup, i was expecting more. Pic below of the shell and the opened diff

You can use a hyper 7 diff, losi 8 diff or anything similar. I think most 1/8 diffs fit :) should be easier getting a hyper diff :)

100k in front and only 10k oil in rear ?

That should make it seriously tail happy :lol:

I thought it was the opposite, heavy oil up front to induce understeer, light oil in the rear to reduce oversteer.

i running 500k centre 50k front 30k rear with losi centre diff.

here's a little vid to see how she jumps.

Edited by jabba1

Tug I thought the same as u. I was going on the recommendation from jumpit on the urc forum. It can be changed if needed. Ill ebay those other diffs now and see what I can get

That losi cd is expensive

yer they are a bit expensive mate but i had a high durability one sat here doing nothing.

they are pretty reliable too and easy to get bits for.