• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

where does the after run oil go ?

cyclone pro

In the engine :lol:

Take the air filter off, and put a couple of drops in there, through the carb :good:

Then pull the pull start a couple of times, so it gets right in and lubricates everything.

I also put 2 drops in the engine via the glow plug hole.

But I only do this if I'm not using it for a week or so.

yeap couple drops in via carb and Glowplug hole

then pull starts just turn it over like 3 times

and roto/drill blip it only a couple of times..

Box starts just leave it on for 3 seconds... if it spins fast

I never used it - but an engine will be fine for about 2 / 3 days....

But use if you know its gonna be stood for a couple of week/weeks

(try and raise it off ground so you dont get flat spots on ur wheels...)

Ziggy

Because most model shops have complete idiots working at them :lol:

Agree!!

how else do you protect that first part of the crankcase???

muppets...

Ziggy

Franky, that was only to stop you getting any spray back I imagine, or they are tossers!!. I mean not very nice people who dont know much about their profession.

Edited by Dionysus

some after run oils can swell the o rings in the carb needles making them leak in air after a while,but since your not putting any oil thru the needles it should be ok,thats the only way i ever put afterrun oil into the engine.

putting oil thru the plughole is asking for trouble unless you thoroughly clean the area around the plug before removing the plug will certainly swish some dirt down the plug gap,far safer and easier to drop about 10ml(2 teaspoons) down the carb,remember to blow/brush any crap off the neck of the carb before removing airfilter.

i actually have a large syringe i use that came with a refillable inkjet set that i never used,so i fill that with afterun oil and can just inject it straight into the carb,no mess no spills and you can see how much put in.

dave

I never put any after run oil in my engine, left for around 1-2 weeks and went out with it and fired up first pull.

I just make sure i flush most of the fuel thats left over in the engine.

if you keep the engine in a dry warm enviroment it shouldnt need after run oil,its only to prevent the fuel drawing moisture out of the air as fuel is hygroscopic..after run oil coats the engine parts to keep them from rusting.