• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Team Associated BMI Racing TC4 Project aka MMC100p

MMC3

Definitely liking the styling :thumbsup: was there any science behind the wing or just what looked right?

The first picture has some of the side plates above the top of the wing and the later ones are level at the back of the wing, would having the side plates 15mm or so higher than the wing help make it work better?

well the wing was one strip of aluminium with a rc lexan wing on top. The distance from the tip to the strip was 10mm but the lexan was way too flexible so I have put a fold in the aluminium at the back edge now. I put thought in to the dimensions of the hole thing but nothing proper math was used. So instead I made the wing adjustable by the two slots that each strut has.

The first picture has some of the side plates above the top of the wing and the later ones are level at the back of the wing, would having the side plates 15mm or so higher than the wing help make it work better?

This is the new configuration

temporary_zps4c2d271f.jpg 

• Like 1

That looks great mate

thanks ive also decided im only going to enter the 2s class for rossa and I have a target to beet of 105mph

thanks ive also decided im only going to enter the 2s class for rossa and I have a target to beet of 105mph

Just so you know the 2s world record is 119mph ;)

Just so you know the 2s world record is 119mph ;)

do you think I have a shot at it?

TBH im going to say no.

That speed was set with a very slick dragster at a much better location than we have.

IMO just stick with 4s and try and top the 100mph mark.

TBH im going to say no.

That speed was set with a very slick dragster at a much better location than we have.

IMO just stick with 4s and try and top the 100mph mark.

well i think 2s Ill get near or over 105mph as the guy that won the turnigy 5000 2s class ran a stock tc4 chassis with the same body as me and more or less the same powertrain and gearing, so tacking into account that mine is lighter and more aero dynamic also have a undertray I think that 105mph is my goal