• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Carisma GTB - 1/16th belt drive offroad micro thread

c0sie

Bit of action from last saturdays raceday. Me and MattyV6 having a good race.

Haha was a sweet race!

Shame we didn't get last nights on film, that was an epic race! I need some kind of camera up in the corner filming!

Track is probably half size of the one I race lol

Yeah we all race at bigger tracks too, I think this one is 70ft long by 35ft wide, the vid is deceiving. I was winning the Micro final last night with one bend left, only to get stick on a bit of tape on the down ramp from the crossover lol, RCMonkee slipped past and took the win. Was a sweet race up until that point haha :P

Gave me headaches watching that!  I wouldn't have problems seeing mine on a track that size  though.

We have some epic battles with the Micros, the only way to win is to drive fast and consistent, if you fluff up then your just praying the person in front does the same. I spend my whole race wishing for people to crash lol.

I have a vid of the 10th uploading to youtube now that shows the new layout, unfortunately i didnt get the micro heat on film as i was in it :/

On my 10th scale buggy's the diff balls need changing every few months and rebuilt after every few runs.

GTB seems ok to me. Bearing in mind it is very light, the stress on the drivertrain is minimal. All my breakages have been through people hitting my buggy, no parts have failed. Just bloody buy one! Lol
  • Like 1

The easy way of deciding on what car to buy is by looking at the car line up of the micro nationals if you plan on using it at a competitive club level. They are very good cars but i don't know of any EMB's at any of the clubs i race at that get close to a GTB? The EMB's are to solid for my liking, ali chassis is too stiff, the gtb's have a nice bit of flex to them.

Both my gtb's are running geared diffs and i change the oil on the main car every week as its raced 2/3 days out of the week.

The

Edited by MattyV6

:rofl:

emb heavy :tease:

Fixed!

I loved bashing my EMB, when sehe's retired from 'racing' it'll go back to said duties.  Much easier carting her around than an 1/8 Buggy/Truggy and arguably more mischief can be found for it.

We both did it, it works really well. Nah the cars aren't in long enough to get that cold to freeze stuff but it cools it down really quick lol

22318_373103466215815_812913549092870425

Ahh, post running.  I thought for a second you we're cooling down before a heat.

• 3 weeks later...

hi fellas.

Does the shock shaft and or piston touch the bladder on full compression?

How easy is it to set zero rebound without being an emulsion shock?

Cheers.

I have literally no idea what that means lol?

You don't get any rebound with the pro pistons fitted, if thats what you mean?

I'll upload some gtb pictures later, we should have a few racing tonight, its going to be a blast!