• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Online Petiton for 190mm and 200mm Aston DBR9 bodyshells

danb1990

Hi everyone, are you, like me, really wanting a DBR9 bodyshell for your 1/10 R/C Car? The DBR9 is a favourite car of mine, and I know Protoform/Proline are a company that could easily get a licence to make one; they did the DB7 and Vanquish before, so why no DBR9? I would guess that out there, there will be a large proportion of Aston Martin Racing fans who want an R/C body. I know I would, as I like my TC3's shell to be a car I like, and usually one I would have no hope of affording.

Protoform already make the Corvette C6R, (the DBR9's main rival if you're into GT1) so there's no reason why they shouldn't make an Aston. I do like the Corvette, and will get one, but just as a stop gap really until someone out there makes us all a decent priced DBR9.

If you want a DBR9 shell, please add your name to this list, along with any comments. We can then email it to the main bodyshell manufacturers. I'll start off:

1. Daniel Bird

im sure they'd have it out by now if they could. most of the time shells arnt done because people such as hpi, proline etc cant get the permission from the car companies them selfs to be abl recreate them in shell form.

good luck though :good:

Rush Evo Dude: i would expect it to be the same as a normal body (£18, but add £4 for paint). Apex do the Corvette at £9.99, but you need paint still, and if you want the authentic look, you would need yellow and black spray paints. The black would be for the rear wing and gurney flap.

I might try and contact Aston Martin Racing if I can, see what they think...

ok mate thanks! :D

also, do i paint it myself?

or do you or someone else paint it and sell it to me ready painted?

or, is it my choice? (coz i would pick ready painted).

thanks again

Rush evo dude

I would expect it to be like all the other shells out there if it was ever made, i.e. it would be supplied clear at £17.99, and thrn you buy the colours and spray it up yourself. Some modelshops fo offer to spray and fit your new shell to the chassis (they trim it properly and add the body post holes), so you could probably get one from your local shop for £25, but they don't make them yet.

I expect a DBR9 will be out sometime soon anyway.

As said above, the Corvette is already done by Proline, and they have made licensed AM bodies before, so unless AM have jacked up the licensing costs or AM were unhappy with the way the previous ones looked, a PL DBR9 should be on the way.

If you're right, Garry, it will be fantastic. I have changed my mind about getting a Corvette, for some reasons. I can't be bothered to waste money on yet another shell, my 10 week old Proline Enzo, which is cracked up a bit, should last a while longer. Also, I realised in the last few days I don't like the Corvette enough. It's still an OK car, but there's no point when my Enzo is in an OK condition at the moment. I have more important things to get for the TC3 right now, mainly a new ESC and batteries, then I will get a new shell. If a DBR9 comes out any time soon, then I will get one as soon as, but until then, no new shells. If no DBR9 and the Enzo is unraceable, I was thinking a Protoform Stratus 3.0 or preferably 3.1. I would have a Mazda, but I just don't like it...

• 2 weeks later...

Good news guys! After quite a few weeks Proline have finally replied to my email asking for a DBR9 shell. Their response was "we are currently considering your suggestion" which hopefully means that one will be along in a while.

Meanwhile, I have also emailed Aston Martin Racing asking them for help, but the only advice they could give is that Nikko currently sell a 1/18 scale DBR9 car for about £50. Seeing as I am earning quite a bit now I may get one of these Nikko's for practicing my racing technique. Sounds crazy, but hopefully it will help. I must be doing OK already, I am averaging in the middle of all racers at Rugby right now. Usually there are about 20 racers, but recently we have had 12. If I am currently averaging middle table (usually C final, we go down to E) with a lot of practice needed and some decent equipment (new speedo, batteries etc) then what will happen when I get all this? Hopefully within the next few months I will progress to A final, and hopefully there will be a DBR9 for me to show off at the club as well.

On the Club Polo forum someone was trying to get together people to do a group buy. The shell was going to be made up by some guy <can't remember who> and it was going to be a Polo G40.

For those who don't know that's a 1.3 8v Supercharged car from the early 90's...only problem was the idea seemed to fall by the way side which is a shame. Really wanted one.

A DBR9 shell probably won't be half as good as using a proper racing shell such as an accord, stratus etc.

I know, and I don't care. Everyone at my club said the Proline Enzo would be rubbish, but it has actually been quite good, a bit of oversteer at the start led to lots of spins, but adding the spoiler soon sorted that out, then I had too much rear grip, so now I have altered the spoiler, and put the anti roll bar on the front. My only problem now is fixing the chassis and electrics, which let me down in the last championship, eventually I came 4th, but at one time was 2nd. Maybe once everything is sorted I can win it, as I don't have the right equipment at the moment (damaged ESC, motor in desperate need of skimming).

Somehow I have also been attracted to the HPI Mercedes bodies; namely C32 AMG and S55 AMG 200mm shells. So when the Enzo breaks, a Merc should be on the way, and after that, maybe a DBR9 will be out....