• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

130x mainframe wow....

stevek32

hi all,

Thought i would share with you this little gem of a find....

http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/xtreme_productions_carbon_fibre_frame_130x_b130x26-p-23267.html

had to order one and see...... and wow what an improvement in build quality, complete with all the screws needed, so didnt even have to strip the original for them.

havent put everything together as yet but xtreme have really thought about the common problems from the standard one,

1st you now have a alloy motor mount that can slide inside the frame allowing a perfect gear mesh, 

IMAG0181_zps8b8b112b.jpg

2nd you now have plates over the mainshaft bearings so you no longer need to split the frame to access them

IMAG0182_zpsb434b2a1.jpg

3rd, the front servo board slots in at the bottom and held by 2 screws at the top, even provided are       washers to hold servo board away from bevel gear, no more burnt out fets and again no need to split frame,

4th, cyclic are now inside frame giving more protection,

5th, canopy mounting hole is slightly further forward, giving more room inside the canopy for the lipo.

will build soon but waiting on a auto rotation maingear 1st, but i thought i would share this with all you 130x owners, 

well done xtreme for not trying to rip us off with just bling and actually listening to the common probs with the standard frame

Damn it! Clicked back on this thread!!

Yeah love my little 130x but much prefer flying the bigger ones, need to get my big one sorted but not really worth it till the better weather comes in. I seem to have got over the nerves thing and just try to fly like I don't car if it goes in, seems to help. When I panic, I crash  :xd:

Pics of the air frame when rebuilt please  :thumbsup:

Hmmm it looks great but i will be putting my cash into my 450 for the time being , i could in theory sell my 130x and be able to get another balde 450 3d to use as spares haha  :yes:

Yeah will do Danny, and yeah I know what you mean Leon, but I reckon if I can fly this sucker upside down inside out then I won't get the change of undercrackers like I need now with flying the 500 more then 10ft above the ground.

The higher you fly the more time you have to save a dumb thumb  :yes:  I fly high up when trying new things, saved a few incidents that way.

+1 i always go high when trying flips , rolls , loops etc more time to correct if something goes wrong  :thumbsup: