• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Stretch's Summit

stretch

One thing the summit always managed to do to me is give be bleeding finger nails after battling with body clips. I initially tried some of these

abs2440010.jpg

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/absima-body-clips-grips-black-6-/rc-car-products/373450

fast206_500.jpg

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-body-pin-holders-6-/rc-car-products/32201

But all I ended up doing was tearing the rubber ends when pulling on the tab. Undeterred more searching turned up this....

PL6307-00 ProLine Extended Front and Rear Body Mounts for Traxxas Revo / Summit

PL6307-00-cecd.jpg

Which I purchased from http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/203345/

After arriving installation was easy and just a case of swapping existing mounts for the stock ones (vertical holes are the same as well) and then inserting the 4 supplied grub screws into the top of the posts. This is is when I hit a snag, the grub screws weren't long enough to go through the exo cage to enable the cap to be screwed on. 

4381.jpg

I dropped Proline [email protected] an email at the end of June and they agreed to send me out some longer grub screws however didn't state the reason for incorrect one being supplied. They FINALLY turn up today (only took 2 months).

4380.jpg

Did a test fit of one and you can see how much longer it is

4383.jpg

Fitted the rest and everything fitted as should

4384.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Took the summit out at the weekend after fitting a watt meter, I wanted to see how many amps I was drawing as found some cheapish lipos with high capacity but low discharge rate so wanted to make sure they were suitable before buying, unfortunately was drawing too much for them.

4550.jpg

I was only trailing and managed to pull out the 2 front grub screws from the proline mounts and lost them. On previous outings the thumb nuts have just come off but managed to find them. I wouldn't recommend these at all so will be swapping back to stock towers and looking for an alternative.

4551.jpg

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Today I finished fitting new shaft and pivot ball dust boots. Managed to tear one of the shaft ones *sigh* so had to order another set.

Have a big problem with wheel slop on my summit and a while ago I bought a HPP wheels nut set and finally got round to fitting them.

4704.jpg

4705.jpg