• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

DJI Phantom RTF

ibo

No beeps? No lights?

does all the lights and beeps hebby but the motors wont start up, have a look at the vid i posted :good:

Found this on a forum "With new 3.12 firmware, DJI had modified prerequisites for AUTHORIZE phantom arm motors - fly. If not enough sattelites in GPS or not enough warm time or not 20 green led sequence reached, your motors won't start. In addition, after get GREEN or GREEN.GREEN or YELLOW or YELLOW.GREEN sequence you must throtle 50% or higher for "semi automatic" take off."

Maybe a faulty GPS?  i only have a naza lite on my Disco so no firmware updates

Found this on a forum "With new 3.12 firmware, DJI had modified prerequisites for AUTHORIZE phantom arm motors - fly. If not enough sattelites in GPS or not enough warm time or not 20 green led sequence reached, your motors won't start. In addition, after get GREEN or GREEN.GREEN or YELLOW or YELLOW.GREEN sequence you must throtle 50% or higher for "semi automatic" take off." Maybe a faulty GPS?  i only have a naza lite on my Disco so no firmware updates

Thanks, will try and see if that works. I doubt it but worth a try I guess :)

• 1 month later...

Did you ever manage to get it flying??

No not yet unfortunately :( work has been really busy so haven't had the chance to get deep into it. I'm pretty sure it's the flight controller at fault though.

No not yet unfortunately :( work has been really busy so haven't had the chance to get deep into it. I'm pretty sure it's the flight controller at fault though.

Just a thought (it may have already been covered) but when I first got mine I updated the firmware and had a similar problem where as I had no input from the controller I tried calibrating the controller in the naza assist software and nothing the I noticed that in reciever type it had changed to PPM where as it should of been D-BUS. As soon as I changed it back to D-BUS it all came back to life.

Just a thought??

Damn mate still not got it going?

Gutted for you pal serious :(

Damn mate still not got it going?

Gutted for you pal serious :(

Just a thought (it may have already been covered) but when I first got mine I updated the firmware and had a similar problem where as I had no input from the controller I tried calibrating the controller in the naza assist software and nothing the I noticed that in reciever type it had changed to PPM where as it should of been D-BUS. As soon as I changed it back to D-BUS it all came back to life.

Just a thought??

Thanks guys, hopefully I'll get some time to sort it soon, failing that I'll sell it I think :(

Thanks guys, hopefully I'll get some time to sort it soon, failing that I'll sell it I think :(

Hopefully you'll get it sorted mate but if you do sell it it and I really hope you don't then let me know I'm always after spares!!!!

But if I find that it's a simple fix I will send it back to you if you wanted it for the same price you sold it for.

Hopefully you'll get it sorted mate but if you do sell it it and I really hope you don't then let me know I'm always after spares!!!!

But if I find that it's a simple fix I will send it back to you if you wanted it for the same price you sold it for.

That's very kind of you buddy, if I sell I'll deffo give you a shout :)

Going to hunt for a second hand flight module first and see if that fixes it

Excellent!!!!

What was wrong with it ???

Ye ah

plugged it all in, was getting an error 29 code. something to do with the control sticks not being set right, so i re calibrated them and still nothing. updated the firmware in the phantom and in the controller and fiddled a few more times with a few choice words added and boom it worked ! 

• Like 1

Well its happened. 

i have Gone to the DJI side and going to install the Naza M lite gps system into my fpv quad.

going to be the starter for a massive 2 year saving stint to enable me to then upgrade to the 

DJI wookong M FC controller ( its like a naza on crack and anabolic steroids ).

have now been seeing the naza systems come down in price so much so the naza lite without a gps is only