• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Not as of yet but I plan to :D 

yeah many many people have said they're a 100x better than the stocks.

yeah in some aspects you should, such as the A,arms, as they don't bend and transfer the impact throughout the car and breaking other parts. 

I have only done the steering nuckles, and hub carriers as they have broke quite a few time on me in the past.

• Like 1

Some decent shock replacements are the #1 upgrade. I went with the Proline Powerstrokes. Awesome shocks. The (metal) HPIs are pretty nice too, maybe better for the front end in terms of fit, since the Prolines are a bit long (for the front end only, rear is fine).

Metal front and rear braces (HPI/GPM/Integy, whatever) are going to reduce flex big time. Highly recommended.

Also HD shafts are worthwhile as replacements when the time comes, they will last much longer.

Universal drives to replace the front dog bones will be more efficient. 

I would stay away from metal arms if your driving off road and bashing. Besides stock plastic arms are inexpensive so you can replace them as needed, no biggie.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hotshot888 said:

Some decent shock replacements are the #1 upgrade. I went with the Proline Powerstrokes. Awesome shocks. The (metal) HPIs are pretty nice too, maybe better for the front end in terms of fit, since the Prolines are a bit long (for the front end only, rear is fine).

Metal front and rear braces (HPI/GPM/Integy, whatever) are going to reduce flex big time. Highly recommended.

Also HD shafts are worthwhile as replacements when the time comes, they will last much longer.

Universal drives to replace the front dog bones will be more efficient. 

I would stay away from metal arms if your driving off road and bashing. Besides stock plastic arms are inexpensive so you can replace them as needed, no biggie.

Oh yeah forgot to mention the chassis braces. Worthy investment! 

14 minutes ago, Hotshot888 said:

Hey Brandon, any thoughts on the Q32? Thinking about getting one to kick around the house! 

It's a quick little thing! I love it! You just have to get the usb lead to charge it instead of using the TX and using the batteries from that.

but you'll love it haha 

Hey Brandon, any thoughts on the Q32? Thinking about getting one to kick around the house! 

It's a quick little thing! I love it! You just have to get the usb lead to charge it instead of using the TX and using the batteries from that.

but you'll love it haha 

Me and my girlfriend both have one. Me the Baja and her the tessman.

We both find that it's very hard to go in a straight line at speed, especially when putting throttle on. Usually goes right no matter how much you adjust the trim.

Would you agree?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On Monday, December 21, 2015 at 5:45 PM, Badrobot (RUS) said:

Hi people!

My WR8 is not going straight, consistently steers to the right then to the left, how can I fix it? established a powerful digital servo, it does not help

and a bit of bashing Russian :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMTQillnuAo

Did you get this sorted?

If not, I assume you've checked everything for tightness and any breakages?

Hi people!

My WR8 is not going straight, consistently steers to the right then to the left, how can I fix it? established a powerful digital servo, it does not help

and a bit of bashing Russian [emoji4]

Did you get this sorted?

If not, I assume you've checked everything for tightness and any breakages?

i had this same problem,are you using the stock hpi transmitter and receiver,?

i upgraded the the tx and rx in my wr8 now mine runs as straight as anything,, if you havent tried this yet,give it ago i think it will prob be this

9 hours ago, Wirralnitronoob said:

are you using the stock hpi transmitter and receiver,?

no, transmitter and receiver is FlySky GT3. 

I think that the problem in servo (also from hobbyking), I think the setup Savox solve the problem, but do not understand how to stock servo model can go straight

Here's my wr8.

02324ae1fe491e869f1baa5db91c909e.jpg

I currently need to get myself a Bec. Still not 100% sure on how you go about installing them.

Also need to get the proline shocks on order but need to wait until pay day arrives next week!

I am using the undertray (although I had taken it off for testing) instead of the guards that went on the sides as stock.

I have a gopro so will be getting some actions shots haha can't wait! Will be testing it tomorrow hopefully but the servo won't be running at its full potential yet, so steering will be sloppy until then.

Dont look at the zip ties holding the batteries! I am waiting on longer straps, so this will do until then :thumbsup:

Edited by Brandon
  • Like 1

Thanks mate! I need to tidy the wires up a bit aswell and I forgot to mention that I may be using the gyro you can see on the reciver box, if the car will not go in a staright line. Me thinks it will not ;)

Thanks! I used the blue ally sterling assembly aswell. It looks alright with the Orange imo

i may upload a vid tomorrow of it running, so watch out for that.

Theres a section in the electic section called 'BEC FAQ' it explains what it is and everything you need to know.

i just can't seem to get my head around how to wire it up for some reason.

yes please upload a vid that would be great,,in gonna look at getting a gopro for my wr8 and slash for some on board footage,fed up of strapping my iphone to the car and smashing so many phones lol,

ahh using the science of gyros eh ;) i like to try and get my wr8 sideways so i dont think id benefit from them

yeah the blue looks good contrast with the orange parts,my rear hpi hubs are an off silver colour,(only ones in stock at the time i needed them)

im gonna need to get some of those chassis braces too there cool as,,

Ok I'll see what the video turns out like then :) I was always too scared to use my phone as I never wanted for my phone to end up like your previous one haha

ive never used a gyro before. It does seem like cheating tho, but I wanted to get some runs going without the spinning as of yet. I'll take it out when I get the feel of the power, but for now I'll use the gyro. Baby steps :D 

yeah they look better in person! Much more nicer! You got any pics of your wr8?

this car i acctually brought off chester lad on here,,and i think a few pages back is when he brought this and theres pics of it there too,,i thought it was abit mad seeing the car ive got now when somebody else was buying it then but still in great condition,even for 3rd+ hand

Ahh nice one! Are your tires the slicks or are they just bald.

yeah there are a lot of trust worthy guys on here! I feel like the forum is a second home!

Oh yeah I remember it from Chester lad! What are your plans for it in the future, upgrade wise?

Also can I ask where you're based? Not being creepy or anything :006:

they are bald haha,they where the harder knobly ones,i wont use the others there for when the car is on the shelf lol

the forum is definately my second home too lol i have it on my phone so i can access it whenever i want or need,and there is some very trustworthy people on here i agree both the rcs i own now have acctualy came from the forums,and both for bargains,my wr8 cost me 200 with 5 lipos and my slash also cost me 200 with one lipo,

my plans are to get some chassis braces like u have,front hubs(when i crahs and smash these) like i did with the back,no point replacing if it dont need it i say,but it will eventually happen so front hubs defo on the list,powerstroke shocks,gopro(use that on slash too) ,and i have gave my mate £135 to order me a decent combo,but if he doesnt pull his finger out ill just have to get the money back and get one myself,,

haha creepy nah no worries mate not creepy atall,im based on the wirral by liverpool

• Like 1