• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Do you have any pics of your wr8 as I am curious to see other peoples cars [emoji106]

Here you go ;)

IMAG2118.jpg

Look carefully you'll see external BEC wired into esc tails:

IMAG2119.jpg

IMAG2120.jpg

IMAG2121.jpg

DIY cover:

IMAG2122.jpg

IMAG2123.jpg

IMAG2124.jpg

IMAG2125.jpg

IMAG2126_1.jpg

See the family resemblance?

IMAG2127.jpg

Here you go ;)

IMAG2118.jpg

Look carefully you'll see external BEC wired into esc tails:

IMAG2119.jpg

IMAG2120.jpg

IMAG2121.jpg

DIY cover:

IMAG2122.jpg

IMAG2123.jpg

IMAG2124.jpg

IMAG2125.jpg

IMAG2126_1.jpg

See the family resemblance?

IMAG2127.jpg

Looking very nice!!

Can I ask what road tyres are they at the top left of the stacked tyres please? :)

Also love the White body!!

Looking for a clear shell but not able to fine one.

Awesome! Could you give me a link to the spoiler? And thanks! Well they are cheap so I won't be complaining :D

Spoiler:

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/traxxas-wing-ford-fiesta-black-/rc-car-products/366364

Wheel/tyres: you need the fronts (0048) all round for the wr8 ;)

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-arrow-1-10th-buggy-tyres-pre-mounted-on-spoke-wheels-2-front/rc-car-products/33228

Edited by J.A.Son
  • Like 1

Thanks you buddy! Are those tyres any good and grippy?

Oh could I have you eBay name please so I can message you about the fan? Just thinking if it would be easier.

Edited by Brandon

Quick question about the GPM cvd's for the WR8 - mine arrived yesterday and doing a trial fit to the hubs I've found the wheels won't fit onto the shaft fully. The position of the drive hexes are further down the shaft so the thicker section of shaft needs to go through the wheel centre but its not big enough.

Have people fitted these and got round similar problems?

Quick question about the GPM cvd's for the WR8 - mine arrived yesterday and doing a trial fit to the hubs I've found the wheels won't fit onto the shaft fully. The position of the drive hexes are further down the shaft so the thicker section of shaft needs to go through the wheel centre but its not big enough.

Have people fitted these and got round similar problems?

That's odd, mine fitted fine, no issues at all! Have you compared (side by side) the axle end to original half shaft?

Brandon, I've tried sending you a pm..;)

That's odd, mine fitted fine, no issues at all! Have you compared (side by side) the axle end to original half shaft?

Yep, comparing side by side the cup to pin hole distances are the same but the GPM shafts are longer so the thicker section goes on for more before the threaded part at the end of the shaft. I don't want to be opening out the hole in the wheels, and even if I did I have a feeling the wheel nut would run up against the end of it's thread before going tight on the wheel.

You can see the difference below

GPM%20CVD%20Problem.jpg

Not having much luck, the parts look the same as those on both Asiatees and GPM Racing websites :(

Ok, there were a few other people that had similar names to yours and I found Jason4567 which is who I messaged? I'll try again :)

0be97f41d50ffe07278c502828a7defb.jpg

Edited by Brandon

Troy, I'll check mine later, but out of interest what wheels are you running and I take it standard hub carrier's?

Thaks J.A.Son, would be handy to know in case i've missed something.

But i've checked pretty thoroughly - have got the Topcad rear hubs but kept the originals to hand and the problem is just the same, as it's the distrance from the shaft pin to the threaded end which is different. Using the standard HPI rally wheels at the moment, I think even if the centre hole was bigger it'd let the thicker part of the shaft go right through the wheel so the nut would reach the end of the shaft before mating to the wheel.

Asiatees are investigating with GPM and will let me know soon hopefully.

Troy, indeed my GPM cvds do 'protrude' a little further ~2-3mm, however all my wheels fit no problem and tighten up fine. The amount of thread showing through but is minimal.

I have just noticed on checking this now that there is slightly more 'in-out' play with these cvd's, but it's not caused any ill handling effects that I'm aware of. I may though try a thicker o ring in the diff out-drives..?

IMAG2130.jpg

Std rear for comparison:

IMAG2131.jpg

Tarmac wheel front:

IMAG2133.jpg

Gravel wheel front:

IMAG2132.jpg

Bolted up

IMAG2134.jpg

Needs a clean, I know :P

Edited by J.A.Son

Lol, I'm not one for over cleaning :D

Fwiw, I only run them on the front where there's more angulation with steering.. ;) At the very least they prevent losing a dogbone after a big shunt! :P

Cheers for those photos, nice to see I'm not the only one with some wheel rims which are slightly frayed around the edges!!

Can see the difference with one of my shafts in my photo below - the thicker un-threaded section protrudes right through the wheel hex. Have tried with a couple of spare wheels and there's no way I can get one to fit onto it without resorting to surgery. Even then I'd still have the problem of the nut bottoming out on the thread as you can see the un-threaded section is deeper than the thickness of the wheel centre. The parts I've got just aren't correct for fitting the WR8 :(

GPM%20CVD%20Problem%203.jpg