• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Does anybody know if hpi sell aluminium A,Arms? I have only managed to find integy selling aluminium A,Arms as well as a full suspension kit but it's expensive due to the delivery I would have to pay.

Why do you want alloy a arms, if you don't mind me asking? Generally they're not a good idea, as they invariably transmit damage to elsewhere and or bend necessitating replacement. Whereas plastic give a little therefore absorbing impact venergy and usually spring back into place. If they do break they're cheap and easy to replace! ;)

It was mainly an Idea so I wouldn't break the a,arms but it would be a lot cheaper to keep getting plastic ones instead of the energy going into other parts a breaking them. I think I'll just get the aluminium hubs and caster blocks unless there isn't any point in doing so?

Exactly, although I've never personally broken an a arm on the wr8, they're too short to be a weakness.

Absolutely, alloy knuckles and caster blocks are great upgrades- gpm/ jazrider in my case :)

I've got front and rear knuckles on order, also the front caster blocks but can't seem to locate the rear.

Just came across the jazrider shocks. Are they any good?

Edit: scratch the rear caster blocks! My brain went into meltdown!

Edited by Brandon

Shocks are a difficult one. Have you tried 're-filling the oe ones? They usually come with hardly any oil! Refilling properly does improve things- saggy ar53 etc. Also, outcomes some have fitted different springs (traxxas??) to good effect- it's mentioned in this thread somewhere?!

Have you fitted better bearings? Definitely a must, especially now you're fitting alloy carrier's/knuckles..;)

Ok that may be worth a try first! Something like 40wt? Thanks for the advice!

yup I'll get some better bearings as well! Sealed bearings am I right? Oooooo I am going heavy duty :P

Ok thanks bud! Will be ordering a set of bearing when I get home!

Is there anything else that I should know with the wr8? Things to keep in mind?

I am sure that it may have been mention before tho.

Edited by Brandon

Tyres, plenty of tyres, lol!

On tarmac the wr8 is beastly to tyres- HUGE fun, but be prepared to invest :D

Whilst there are a few none hpi alternatives, few really match or are man enough for the job! The hpi gravel tyre is great and lasts v well if used off road/loose surfaces ;)

Awesome vid sonic! Have you been out with the wr8 recently and got more footage?

I just Looking for a part for the wr8 and I came across this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-WR8-LEXAN-4-SEAT-INTERIOR-TOP-COVER-OVERTRAY-by-TBG-for-sedan-body-/151677627304

Has anyone used this?

Hi guys how everyone doing long time no post lol didn't use mine much last yr due to work commitments but getting back on them this yr Avnet used my nitro since I tuned it last yr lol an av broke my KB twice in the space of a week lol

• Like 1

Awesome vid sonic! Have you been out with the wr8 recently and got more footage?

I just Looking for a part for the wr8 and I came across this. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HPI-WR8-LEXAN-4-SEAT-INTERIOR-TOP-COVER-OVERTRAY-by-TBG-for-sedan-body-/151677627304

Has anyone used this?

Not used these.... Or seen them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrChippy I've been quite busy with Speed Run videos....

In fact my latest is NOT a WR8 but I wanted to share this with you to give an idea of what we built & enhanced.

http://youtu.be/KNIgv5tBB-U

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk