• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Tyres were pre-glued. But I'm ok with this. I have taken it on the field before (look at my other WR8 videos).

It was first time this year it came out so will try my other wheels / tyres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyres were pre-glued. But I'm ok with this. I have taken it on the field before (look at my other WR8 videos).

It was first time this year it came out so will try my other wheels / tyres.

Ah, not been reading thread for a while ;)

Tbh, grass, unless it's very short and ideally dry/parched, doesn't do the car justice- you have to be very careful on turn-in to avoid rolling. Better on wet grass, but traction will be an issue.

Do you have any skate/bmx parks/tracks nearby?

Yes I do but decided to try the field. I'm going to attach my camera to give a good POV next time. But it only rolled due to the tyre ballooning :)

Used on the grass many times and the car really is good. But as my other videos show... It's used on other surfaces too :)

There's a couple of skateparks near me but I wouldn't think of taking the wr8 over the concrete table tops like I do the trophy lol there's a nice quarry 5mins away too that a few other members have been known to frequent, and I regularly take the trophy up there for some fun but most of it could be a bit harsh, but there is a section of finer gravel with a couple of scale humps that I've cleared and sort of brushed a nice winding track out of that I've been testing with the trophy, but I don't have a shell for the wr8 yet so not wanting to take it off road and clogg the motor and pinion with crud and potentially snap a motor shaft...

Sway bar? Am I thinking anti roll bar? If so, you can slacken the tiny hex in the ball part and pull the red bar through a mm or two on either side and re-tighten...

Had a trip to the local shop to pick up a few bits for the trophy, picked up a 17t pinion for the wr8 as well so I've got a bit of fiddling on both maybe tomorrow and then bashing time :-)

Are you guys running both 2+3s packs in yours? And what pinion/spurs do you use/find best?

Took the wr8 and the tbf up to the quarry for a few hours along with a brush and shovel :-) made a bit of a track, and the trophy broke down. So I ended up running 2x2s and most of a 3s before I called it a day before I broke something as I was getting a bit adventurous haha.

Really glad I lugged them both up there today the wr8 both saved and made my day. Handles great and really good fun, did some cartwheels and flips and it took it really well, plenty of chips on the rims but no problamo

It's certainly not as delicate as I first thought, that said, I'm not about to treat it like I do the buggy haha I'd like to try it with a proper set of tyres and see the difference. I destroyed a set of fastrax road tyres on the first 3s pack, but the fsstrax neon rally block wheels and tyres have taken a good bashing today and only suffered some chips

The WR8 is pretty tough, chassis and drivetrain were originally used for the Bullet. (One might imagine that the truck was designed to take more of a beating than a rally car....).

Precisely, from what I've gathered the main/only real issue with the Bullet was the strength of the lower suspension arms/driveshafts. The fact they're considerably shorter on the wr8 has negated this potential problem.

However, like anything, it will break if the circumstances are right. But that's the beauty of RC- those 'it LIVES!!' moments :D

I agree, when I first got the trophy I might have been a bit daft with some of the jumps and things I was doing with it but since I got the wr8 I've been a lot more 'nice' with both of them. I have a big quarry with parts of it fine gravel that's perfect for making a rally stage about 10mins from home

That's a shame you have to sell mike, I enjoyed reading through the thread and watching the videos, post a link in here if your doing a thread with your new build :-D

Thanks Stevo, I've also enjoyed the car immensely over the course of last season and of course all you guy's company ;-)

I have a new build thread for the GT car over on ultimate RC, nothing exciting yet because I'm just getting started but feel free to check it out if you want- http://www.ultimaterc.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2247373

Mike

Yeah the GT is going to be beast! I can't wait to get it together.

I updated the pictures of the WR8 and assorted parts. I actually found some parts and wheels I forgot I had. lol. It is going to be practically new when  get it together. I just not sure if I should assemble it stock and sell of the hop ups or assemble it with all the hop ups and sell it that way... Someone help me make up my mind.

To be fair it's worth quite a bit as stock, I had a flick through some of the pics of bits and there's loads, I don't think you would get anywere near the value of it all together. It's a shame you are so far away in an expensive postal area

Keep it. I went out with mine again today, made a track and had a good hour with it, then got the 1/8 trophy out for a bash too. I think I'll stick to gravel and on road with the wr8 (still waiting on the new 17t pinion) and bash the more capable buggy up on the quarry. Managed another day without any breakages too!