• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Mgozzz, that 5mm shaft should sort out the bent/broken shaft issues for sure!

I've looked into the idea of fitting a 5mm CC 3800 rotor into the vector can- however, there are conflicting opinions as to if is doable or not. There was a guy from Castle who said it was?!

Having both you could prob give the definitive answer..;)

If u don't mind me asking, how much did the 3800 cost?

PS can't wait to see those TBG bodies finished and mounted!

Mgozzz, that 5mm shaft should sort out the bent/broken shaft issues for sure!

I've looked into the idea of fitting a 5mm CC 3800 rotor into the vector can- however, there are conflicting opinions as to if is doable or not. There was a guy from Castle who said it was?!

Having both you could prob give the definitive answer.. ;)

If u don't mind me asking, how much did the 3800 cost?

PS can't wait to see those TBG bodies finished and mounted!

I actually had dropped a 3800 5mm rotor in the stock 4000kv can and ran it before I put the stock rotor back in and sent it to HPI to be replaced.

SfpX7NYl.jpg

It fits in fine for the most part. The magnets line up with the coil pads perfectly and everything. The only issue is the shaft on the back of the rotor is shorter and it doesn't insert into the bearing on the rear cover all the way. It only inserts in the about 1/8th of an inch. You have to use the 4000kv rotor spacers for this to work.

I had an idea of pulling the bearing on the back cover out enough to use the 3800kv spacer. That way it would fully engage the rear bearing. I wasn't able to take measurements to be sure if it would work though. I can check further when I get my replacement Vektor motor in. 

Mike

Edited by Mgozzz
  • Like 1

Prob debris in the esc fan. Undo hex head screws holding fan to esc and clean/vac. U could just try vaccuming with fan inplace 1st to save removing fan, but tbh its easy enough to remove anyhow.. :)

Thx but how can i open the esc, i can't see any screws?

2ytz4hi.jpg

Edited by PJA

Right, so I've installed the full Integy suspension kit plus the motor mount.....went out to have a thrash round and.....nothing! The transmitter has just died! Changed the batteries for a brand new set just in case but it's totally dead, no read light or anything. Does anyone have an idea of what has happened or do I just put it down to bad timing and the thing is shagged? 

Assuming it's died a death are there any recommendations or do you just go with an HPI replacement?

PJA; I got it wrong in my first post about this, as I didn't have to remove mine (don't actually know if you can easily remove fan from esc anyhow- glued?) A poke around with a stiff brush and a decent vacuum should do it.

Does the fan appear to be running at full speed and is the noise a constant sound: ie its not a pulsing sound? Only I do have an issue with mine when its not been used for a day or longer where the fan initially makes a pulsing whine and runs slowly. It sounds like the fan motor is sh@aged imo! If I leave it a few mins or re-start it, it runs at full speed and virtually silent- how it should.

I've contacted HPI and they've requested I return the esc and motor for 'evaluation' but given its a manageable issue and more importantly how long HPI take to do anything these days I've not done anything about it yet. I will though before warranty expires..;)

The red light on the transmitter doesn't come on so I don't think it's a binding issue sadly

Have you changed anything on the electronics side? Presumably you've tried rebinding tx/rx and dbl checked all connections?

No changes on the electronic side.

I must admit I haven't tried rebinding as I can't see that the transmitter has power. Stupid question but wouldn't the red light on the transmitter come on even if it wasn't now bound to the receiver?

Have you made sure all the wires to the rc are in the right way round and in the correct port as I had no problems with mine after I put the full integy kit on? Just watch out ur front wheels don't lock up as one of mine did

Have spoken to HPI this morning and it is a dead transmitter! Quite annoying as I've had very few issues with the car itself which has taken a lot of punishment! The transmitter on the other hand has been well looked after and hasn't been damaged but has given up the ghost.

The good news is that I have found them on eBay for

Ive just got myself a wr8 flux. Are there any "must do" mods that I should do right away? I will be using both 2s and 3s so any info on gearing would be much appreciated. 1st thing Im going to be doing is swapping out the esc for a wp sc8 esc

Ive just got myself a wr8 flux. Are there any "must do" mods that I should do right away? I will be using both 2s and 3s so any info on gearing would be much appreciated. 1st thing Im going to be doing is swapping out the esc for a wp sc8 esc

Replace the bearings with rubber sealed ones first.

Replace the stock servo saver and/or the servo, start a charity drive of some sort for replacement tires.

Leo - ive got bearings that will fit the hub already. Anything else will need to be ordered. Ill do the swap once I give it a full strip down. Mgozzz - ive got a spare savox 1256 that ill be putting in. As for tyres will I really be going through them that quick?