• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Probably about 30 minutes or so.  Maybe a little longer.

I checked on the temps (by hand) every now and again and they didn't feel warm, but obviously it so was.

Yeah might drop them an email. Personally I think it's only really the ESC that suffers. Maybe if they made one with a mesh cutout there or something?

^^^ lol, I bet you're afraid to open the packaging, mines still sealed in the bag! :o

MrC not had chance to try them yet, but I was having a closer look at them today and got to say they look good quality, they tyres as super soft too. So I recon they'll be great on grass etc, but tarmac etc, with the WR8's torque, will likely wear them quickly. Lol, a bit like the hpi WR8 tyres then! :P

Jason it's staying in packet it's worth more lol Edited by hpi1
  • Like 1

Hello Everyone,

Mayby someone thought about replace standard steering bellcrank set to aluminium bellcrank with berings if of course is it possible and if can get aluminium bellcrank that fits to WR8??? Standard bellcrank is ****, because clearances are half an inch of the traction wheels.

• Like 1

Ken Block on steroids.

Just placed on top of my nitro monster truck :D

That looks great! Could you actually get body pins/posts to match/fit?

Just had an outing with mine and done some huge jumps. All was going well until the red ESC wires solder melted again. That's it, the cover is staying off in future. Luckily didn't have much battery time left though. At least I didn't break anything this time.

One thing I did notice, grippy off road tyres plus a really quick servo (Savox 1258) means lots of easy rolling.

My DIY cover stops before esc for that reason. I made it loose/baggy at the back and its held up by ariel to allow air to circulate. Still causes heat build up under certain circumstances. The only thing that would improve mine in a more breathable material.

Some traction rolling under those circumstances is inevitable, but trying to get ride hight lower will help (counter-intuitive, as you'd usually want to increase ride hight for off road!) and stiffer suspension- springs* and arb. If possible use a lower upper shock mount, which the wr8 has but I'm not sure they're actually usable! Having the shocks more 'horizontal' helps them be more progressive- hence buggy shocks mounted as they are / \ as opposed to more l l .

* only if genuine traction rolling and not bounce/skip rolling, when you poss need a softer spring..;)

You can also turn down the steering D/R a bit?

Edited by J.A.Son

Hello Everyone,

Mayby someone thought about replace standard steering bellcrank set to aluminium bellcrank with berings if of course is it possible and if can get aluminium bellcrank that fits to WR8??? Standard bellcrank is ****, because clearances are half an inch of the traction wheels.

The only thing currently available is bearings to replace plastic bushes. They should help a little, but not completely remove play. I have to say, given this play and the even worse play at the rear (I'm going to try some alloy rear uprights when they eventually become available!) the WR8 doesn't handle too bad does it?! I actually wonder if this play helps handling in a sort of passive steering sort of way?

I have steering bearings waiting to go on. I'll try and get them in over W/E and see, if any, what difference they make.

Jason what bearings You want to put?? You bought can you show me??

A few of us have bought this rubber sealed full bearing kit:

http://www.rcbearings.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=15_17&product_id=969

There's a kit for the nitro version too, they're listed as for HPI Bullet on same site. It's great value and they seem decent quality bearings. If you've not done so already, most of the original bearing need upgrading as they are poor!

• Like 1

Granty ^^^ I got my shell from the same bloke that was selling one eBay I'm not to fussed that I payed what I did for it I'm happy I got it when I did cus they are only ganna get rare we're did u get yours from?

Edited by hpi1

Granty ^^^ I got my shell from the same bloke that was selling one eBay I'm not to fussed that I payed what I did for it I'm happy I got it when I did cus they are only ganna get rare we're did u get yours from?

www.modeltune.com - last one in stock, rang them up today and should be here Monday.

I need some new wheels/tyres but I'm not very good at gluing neat lol.

www.modeltune.com - last one in stock, rang them up today and should be here Monday.

I need some new wheels/tyres but I'm not very good at gluing neat lol.

Wheelspin are selling Tarmac wheels pre moulded with Tarmac tyres Part No.

HPI-110697

I've ordered me self a set

It really easy to glue your tyres to the wheels just take your time and a little glue go's a long way watch YouTube videos mate

I did the off road tyres and wheels...I tried to take my time but I'm pretty useless. They ended up a mess lol