• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Everything WR8

Dexter_ST

Okay, I can't bear hearing about how great the Flux is any more. I'm going to get one this weekend (if I can track one down nearby anyway). 

To save me from ending up with the wrong batteries and charger, can someone with a Flux model link me to suitable items?

Well, I have also been looking at Go Pro's and also Sony's equivalent (this forum is costing me a fortune!) and releasing the money in the 3.0 would certainly help! 

Anyone on here want it? Always driven carefully, never broken or crashed into concrete or driven on sand :D

Edited by coldcuppatea

Sell it.

How much are you using your nitro now Joe? Haven't seen it in a few weeks ....  :whistling:

All the time. :tease:

You'll wanna use the wheels & tyres off the nitro if your going off road.

Hi guys. Hope our liking the rally section. I'm looking for some info around other chassis. I have started an intro to rallying section but I think it would be good to have links to pages about specific chassis. If one, or some would send me some details about upgrades for the wr8 that the would be great. I need some details for:

Suspension

Wheels

Shells

Bearings

Motor

Diy hints and tips

If u can avoid eBay links as much as you can.

Just on me the details

Thanks

Andy

Had my first trip out with the flux today. Very impressed, although I need a couple more batteries. Found a great new place for bashing, with large Tarmac and gravel options. Despite there being nothing to crash into I still managed to break the chassis stone guard on one side!

Anyway, the car was excellent, even though I ran it on gravel on the Tarmac wheels/tyres (not the Block ones, the WR8 Flux ones).

On 2S batteries outright speed seemed similar to the WR8 nitro, although with much faster off the line acceleration.

Took a few video clips with my new Sony HDR-AS15. Not a patch on the Rally Freaks ones I'm afraid, but a couple of reasonable shots in there.

the motor/esc and battery tray compared to the engine/fuel tank extra servo.. esc's and motors cost a bit more than nitro engines..

i really wish someone would come up with a alloy replacement to this..

wr8bumper2_zpsbacf63bc.png

or some way of strengthening it!!!