• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Baja 5b 26cc exhaust pipe recommendations?

Tommy88

What pipe you think will bring my baja alive? It was a 23cc but I put the fuelie 26cc put of a ss in it and want more power and think a tuned pipe may be the way forward? How loud are the dominator ones and are they as loud as the clone ones u can get on eBay? As my mate has a clone one on his and its embarrassingly loud!

If you are running the stock 'square tin' then any tuned pipe will make a huge differnce, and actually let your motor run.

The clone Dom is not exactly...quiet...but the real unsilenced one is no quieter. If you buy 'real' there is a silenced version which is a bit less loud. The alternative is to fit an unsilenced one, and buy a bolt on silencer. This sits on the end and is joined by a short silicon pipe. Dampens a bit of noise...but not as much as buying a properly silenced pipe.

If you want a good pipe that's quiet....I'd try the Samba one. Not used the Baja version, but they work well on other models and it's all the same engine!

I run a clone dom on mine...so I know what you mean about the noise. I love the sound, but not everyone appreciates it :)

Chrome and loud do not give you a good pipe, I don't care what anyone says and as Nitro says, they'll just p155 people off and give responsible RC enthusiasts a bad name. A quality engineerd/researched and tested pipe from a reputable company such as Mielke or Samba will give you infinitely better performance than any other pipe. It's just like engines - quality costs money but at least you know that it's been designed, manufactured and tested by people who do it specifically for RC cars.

You could get a tuned engine from some bloke with a dremel in the US or where ever, you could get a crome pipe made from off cuts in China but will they work? will you get the back up and support? I doubt they work half as well.

Racing or bashing, it's better to buy it once and enjoy it that have to buy it 2 or 3 times.

Edited by Mike1970

I have a samba baja pipe on my stock cy 26cc and its good hav'nt had a chance to run it againt anyother cars because the weather has made us prospone the meet.

It has a quicker acceleration than the ss pipe and think it might be a quicker top end but i dont know.

I miss the noise abit but it nice because theres no chance of getting a head ache.

It fits great and looks great.

Ive just brought a new bzm micro 28.5 so that should be good with the pipe.

Chrome and loud do not give you a good pipe, I don't care what anyone says and as Nitro says, they'll just p155 people off and give responsible RC enthusiasts a bad name. A quality engineerd/researched and tested pipe from a reputable company such as Mielke or Samba will give you infinitely better performance than any other pipe. It's just like engines - quality costs money but at least you know that it's been designed, manufactured and tested by people who do it specifically for RC cars.

You could get a tuned engine from some bloke with a dremel in the US or where ever, you could get a crome pipe made from off cuts in China but will they work? will you get the back up and support? I doubt they work half as well.

Racing or bashing, it's better to buy it once and enjoy it that have to buy it 2 or 3 times.

Some of what you say is ok but for the main part its all male cow !!!!!!

Im an iresponsible rc enthusiast as i have a dom v2 unsilenced on one of my baja's ?????? and i pi55 people off running it ????? errr nope sorry on all counts and the dom is far from being a bad pipe even though there are better and to be honest the copies seem to run fine too..............

I got my tuned gizmo engine from as you say some bloke with a dremmel and so far i have all the backup and support you could ever need including free replacement parts oh and a victory rc pro pipe (a bashers pipe)

We dont all do die hard track racing and bashing is more what the op is into so why not a dom copie and a tuned engine from some bloke with a dremmel (obr , gizmo, esp etcetc) open up open up lol

Yet again, another person not reading the post or/and taking things personally.

This has nothing at all to do with racing or bashing, it's about getting what you value for money and buying something really worth having and buying what is claimed by the manufacturer or tuner. I've seen dyno results for most pipes compaired with each other and while some of you guys may not care about dyno results, it does show that there is a massive difference.

The victory pipes (no such thing as a basher pipe - they either work well or they don't) were designed in conjunction with RN tuning, I know they do give good performance but they're too loud.

I have a clone dom, nice and loud, loads of top end,

I have had a samba for a very short time, one run, hated it

I now run a GBE Hornett rear pipe. Love this to bits, has good power through the range and has a nice sound, quiet for me but nice.

Now they dont make the hornett anymore and they are like rocking horse dung to get hold off. But they do make copies of this pipe and this being one of the

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAJA-TUNED-EXHAUST-PIPE-FOR-1-5-BAJA-5B-SS-5T-/120821493118?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item1c2185ad7e&_uhb=1

The other pipe which i believe is based on the Hornett is this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bartalone-Racing-Baja-Afterburner-tuned-pipe-Chrome-Finish-For-Hpi-Baja-5T-5SC-/190795603040?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item2c6c4ddc60&_uhb=1

I have a clone dom, nice and loud, loads of top end,

I have had a samba for a very short time, one run, hated it

I now run a GBE Hornett rear pipe. Love this to bits, has good power through the range and has a nice sound, quiet for me but nice.

Now they dont make the hornett anymore and they are like rocking horse dung to get hold off. But they do make copies of this pipe and this being one of the

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAJA-TUNED-EXHAUST-PIPE-FOR-1-5-BAJA-5B-SS-5T-/120821493118?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item1c2185ad7e&_uhb=1

The other pipe which i believe is based on the Hornett is this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bartalone-Racing-Baja-Afterburner-tuned-pipe-Chrome-Finish-For-Hpi-Baja-5T-5SC-/190795603040?pt=US_Character_Radio_Control_Toys&hash=item2c6c4ddc60&_uhb=1

Why did you not like the samba mate?

If i was to fault it would be its not loud enough, but thats why it was designed to be.

so whats these like, anyone run one?

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item257775cf91

Believe they decent pipes, but loud. There is a thread on them in petrol section.

Why did you not like the samba mate?

If i was to fault it would be its not loud enough, but thats why it was designed to be.

Didn't like the performance of it, was too lame for me

some of the stuff in this thread is laughable, the victory big bores were actually developed in conjunction with OBR, hence why they work so well together. as for noise etc i've had quite a few pipes, dom (clone and genuine) fluid rc side pipe and a victory rc big bore and they are all on a par noise wise. the dom gave by far and away the best low down grunt which for bashing and on a none tuned engine is ideal, the fluid gave the smoothest power band and is a bargain atm as its being discontinued the victory is probably the loudest but gives the biggest boost when it's in the power band

• Like 1

I have 1 of these.

http://www.mmrlarges...RCDDMFD612.html

Very well protected with uber bumper, nothing can get at it.

Sound wise it's quieter and a deeper sound than a clone dom (my last pipe).

Not running correctly in the vid but you get an idea of the noise....

Edited by Paul_TDi