• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

a week in

shaanaleem92

Its been a week since ive had my first ever rc nitro

And what a choice hyper 7 tq2. 28

So first day excited bur scared also

Wanted to start up my buggy for the first time I was scared cuz I didnt want to break anything or do something stupid or wrong.

With advice from forums and previous research I decided to go for it (even though it was freezing and there was a lot of snow outside)

After half an hour of pullstart and trying to get engine to start I was getting somewhere, I was getting fed up and was determined to get it started before calling it a day.

I did manage it

But I was disappointed and the car was crazy and sort of alive

I eventually stopped when the engine kept cutting out or going full throttle for no reason ( I had many blisters also, very painful)

Second day I was determined to start breaking in,

From some forum advice help the night before I learned the factory settings were too lean abd was guided to a good rich setting

So early morning I got this sorted out and started the engine (attempted to start) being a new engine it took some time before I got it going , once its warn it starts fairly easily I left it running at idle for a tank by this time the engine had sort of calmed down (this was indoors btw mab I was choking and tears coming from eyes lol)

Managed to man up embrace the cold and start my first tank of breaking in the engine small figures of 8

Did about six tanks before I gave up due to minus temperatures was happy I was getting somewhere though.

Next day finishing of the breaking in

Did about 3 more tanks

Starting to go a lil faster

The buggy was so slow and crap at this stage but was fun

By tank ten I started to lean out the hsn a lil

As expected better performance

Each day since then have been leaning the engine till it hit peak performance.

I believe I now have achieved optimum performance capability including the lsn needle

I cant believe how fast this thing is, my street is no longer long enough to cope as the brakes arebt that great

Sorry for the super long post but I thought id share my experience from having second thoughts about how much I spent on this thing that wont work to absolutely loving this a week on.

Also made first video of my buggy all set up yesterday will post it on when im not on my mobile

Although it is on YouTube already

Serach hyper 7 tq2 by shaanaleem or nano192

Should come up

Thanks and im off to take my buggy out again :)

I know I must be special lol

I didnt have any problems whatsoever

Even still with the same glow plug I started with

Had to change the copper washer though

Thanks for taking tthe time to watch the vid :)

Its a machstar. 28

Would link it but cant do that on my phone

If someone would be kind enough to put a link on that would be nice

You can just YouTube it

Just watched the vid, cracking tune & nice buggy mate.

Cheers mate

Good read fella, gonna watch the vid... I've got the tq2 .21 still running in yet only done 5 tanks!! So not started tuning, hopefully weather will be ok at weekend and can get it sorted :) still on rich settings so as you know pretty awful haha

• Like 1

Good read fella, gonna watch the vid... I've got the tq2 .21 still running in yet only done 5 tanks!! So not started tuning, hopefully weather will be ok at weekend and can get it sorted :) still on rich settings so as you know pretty awful haha

Im glad someone finds it a useful read :)

Ahh awsome

Once you get to about 8 or 10 tanks you can lean it abit

But still keep it rich

You will see performance pick up after each lean (only 1/8th of a turn remember) it was so fun and exciting as I kept leaning it and it got faster

Now I think its too fast lol

But yeah engine cuts off and full throttle when too lean so richen it back an 1/8 and a tiny bit more and your sorted

Good luck at the weekend, give us an update to how you get on :)

there ya go ;)

Haha thank you, very much appreciated :D

The main problem with the .28 like the force engines you need to seal round the carb neck and back plate usually about 4-5 litres after break in so be mindful of that and you should be ok

This is folklore?

After a gallon of fuel the engine automatically develops an airleak around the carb. neck or backplate...how would this happen?

Its just one of those annoying things it doesn't happen to all but they are prone to it this is one of the many reasons why people moan about them not keeping a tune and some times even with sealing them up some still have problems that's why some do the needles aswell it might be just a cheap type of o-ring being used by certain engine manufacturers who knows

Er, in your first post, you said you ran it indoors with your eyes streaming...you do know nitro fumes are highly toxic don't you?! really not good for you....don't do it :thumbsup: Thats my health and safety tip out of the way! Glad your enjoying your Hyper, go bash the hell out of it :yes:

Edited by scrumpy jack

Er, in your first post, you said you ran it indoors with your eyes streaming...you do know nitro fumes are highly toxic don't you?! really not good for you....don't do it :thumbsup: Thats my health and safety tip out of the way! Glad your enjoying your Hyper, go bash the hell out of it :yes:

Yes lol

But it was cold outside and I wasn't in the room,

only to put fuel in and take it out haha

well im glad your happy told you that you would be flying after a week or so :thumbsup:

Yes haha :D