• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Revo Vantage Carbon Rebuild

Andythecrane

Metal cups are extra... Cool.

The computer is switched off now, i will check out the traxxas diagrams and get part numbers.

Thanks Mr. Knight.

Sent from my phone, using Tapatalk for Android......Now with Scottish language translation.

Sweet, I love Revo rebuilds. Going through this is bringing back memories, sold my Revo now though :(

Looks like a cracking roller you have there fella, really nice parts on there.

Diffs look very nice!

Ditch those servos if you can, put something decent in there, it will complete it :good:

Will be watching this thread, something very satisfying about Revo rebuilds.

• Like 1

Once the weather breaks I will get everything washed outside, and then blasted with compressed air.

Glad your liking the build thread as well revorocks.

Long way to go on the build, New parts needed as well. But it is a winter project after all, but can't wait to get it running.

Sent from my phone, using Tapatalk for Android......Now with Scottish language translation.

I have just bought two diff cup rebuild kits today from modelsport.

Hopefully they will arrive by mid week, and i will start to soak the old ones in duck oil to get them super clean for the dry rebuild.

In between washing the cars, i managed to soak the diffs in Brake and Clutch cleaner. There was an amazing amount of gunk came out.

And there was a good few bits of alloy shavings lying in the cloth afterwards.

After another clean with brake and clutch, i am now soaking the bearings and gears in Duck oil for a few days. Untill the rebuild kits arrive.

Oh, and i forgot to take photos, so you will have to take my word for it........

• Like 1

Taken delivery of two diff rebuild kits, inside the kits are new plastic diff cups. I think i will use the instead of the alloy ones, since i found shavings of aluminium in the sludge.

I will rummage in the bucket in the garage for the cloths and photograph the debris that was captured when cleaning........

• Like 1

Looking real nice mate. What are those gold things on your centre drive shafts tho can be seen throu your engine mount i dont have those. Your brake disk is an upgrade too its defo a brilliant starting point when youve finished it will rival some of the best revos inc mine. Ide like the cf chassis and under armour at some point.

• Like 1

I am going to change out the tank and battery box i think.

Has anyone got any thoughts on the TEKNO mod?

Best thing i did in ages to my Revo, try and find the,tank from the Hyper one seven TC, part number H87504, and you'll 20-25 minute run times out of your Picco.

• Like 1

This weekend i have rebuilt the two diffs with the traxxas rebuild kit.

And i have used the plastic diff cups that came with the kit. As i wasnt overly happy with the flecks of alloy throught the diff oil / gunge.

IMGP2015_zps3dd384f7.jpg

All the diff component been soaking in Duck oil for a week.

IMGP2017_zps6eb07872.jpg

All the parts have had several washes in brake and clutch cleaner before being soaked in oil.

IMGP2019_zps2c91afa2.jpg

Not much more to say about the assembly of the diffs, they went together well, no issues, no problems.

So, thats the dry build over. Now to decide on what diff oil to go for now??????????

Edited by Andythecrane
  • Like 1

Thanks beard, i think i will go for the Tekno tank and battery mod.......

No worries bud, Try and find the 250mm tanks before you order otherwise you're just buying an expensive way to do a single servo conversion :lol:

Got some tinkering done today on the Revo, with parts that arrived during the week. Mostly stripping and cleaning the parts today;

IMGP2033_zps01db4f41.jpg

IMGP2034_zps91ca9ba7.jpg

IMGP2035_zps3a4b8af2.jpg

IMGP2036_zps0b40068e.jpg

IMGP2037_zps6ea6bef0.jpg

Also got a spare spur gear;

IMGP2038_zpsed911492.jpg

IMGP2039_zps3e426ed3.jpg

Spare 14mm hex's

IMGP2040_zpsa7c59b4d.jpg

A TRX 3.3 with light use;

IMGP2041_zps8b967907.jpg

IMGP2042_zps1604914a.jpg

Picked up some diff oil, so i can start the wet diff build;

IMGP2043_zps975e4363.jpg

A new plug never goes a miss;

IMGP2044_zpsd49570f7.jpg

Opened up the engine to have a look and to clean it out;

IMGP2046_zps83827c53.jpg

IMGP2047_zpsc5391570.jpg

EZ start looks okay as well;

IMGP2048_zps26844edf.jpg

IMGP2049_zps06178ec2.jpg

IMGP2050_zps5b746b9a.jpg

IMGP2051_zps1ce64fa3.jpg

IMGP2052_zps51d71187.jpg

IMGP2053_zps647e2b8f.jpg

IMGP2054_zpsfe11b5e9.jpg

Gave every thing a good clean with brake and clutch cleaner then soaked in duck oil.

I thought there was more photos, but they have seem to have dissapeared. I will have to track back.

Edited by Andythecrane

Two things i will have to work on soon;

When i was taking off the E-Clip from the clutch bell, it went ping and never seen it again...........

And is there a correct way for the piston to go in, as i noticed afterwards the skirt has a raised edge. For now i have put the raised edge facing intake.

Will look at vids and traxxas diagrams............ Unless you know better?

Looking good so far

And is there a correct way for the piston to go in, as i noticed afterwards the skirt has a raised edge. For now i have put the raised edge facing intake.

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/TRX-Engines_Manual_130103.pdf page 39 ;)

I've got to sort out a few Revo bits for The Dark Knight and I'm fairly sure i've got a spare Resonator exhaust going, PM me if you want it fella :good:

• Like 1

Two things i will have to work on soon;

When i was taking off the E-Clip from the clutch bell, it went ping and never seen it again...........

Have you got another E-clip? I have various different sizes which are spare if you want a few?

How's the build going?

I have 2 nice big blisters on two of my fingers from helping my mate get his Revo fired up at the weekend, one thing I don't miss about nitro haha