• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hello from Snowy Staffordshire!

rcbod

Hi guys,

I though it was time I said hello as I've been lurking on the forum for a while now, feeding my newly discovered RC habit :D

I've been into RC for about 2 months after a mate lent me his Royal Flash. Became instantly hooked and like all good red-blooded males (and females!) I went straight out and spent far too much money on a Firestorm flux for me and a Maverick for my son. Things being what they are, that wasn't enough and then it was tools, accessories, hop-ups etc. Batteries .... batteries everywhere! A few weeks ago I bought a hyper tt-e which I've just finished kitting out with electrics. I've just spent the last hour in the snow with it, laughing like a 4 year old child on a sugar rush.

I'm really loving the hobby and looking forward to getting myself to somewhere other than the garden to play with my little collection of brushless fun. I did take my Firestorm down the local park, having gathered my family and several local children to "witness the awesome speed of brushless". However just as I shouted Stand Back (waving the children away from the potential lethal speed machine in front of me) and pulled the trigger, in a moment of unbridled spitefullness the flipping ESC bleeped angrily at me then vomited black smoke everywhere. The children laughed at me and my son cried. Nice. Hats off to Modelsport / HPI for a quick replacement!

Anyway ... back to the snow!

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...