• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Savage X to Flux - ESCs / Motors?

356speedster

Hi peeps. I've just talked a friend into getting a Savvy as a toy / project and have decieded myself to build a silly electric Savage to join my current modified nitro X.

I've got a Savage X rolling chassis with big-bore shocks and I'll be rebuilding it onto an Innovative RC extended and lowered Flux chassis next month (Robert is close to getting the Flux version of his brilliant extended / lowered chassis ready for sale!). Along with this, I'm currently acquiring the normal Flux bits I need (diffs / battery holders, etc).... so now, I really need to sort the ESC & Motor.

This is where I'm really out of my depth!! The HPI Blur (Castle Mamba Monster 2 / Max) along with a HPI Tork 2650 motor, look like safe options, but I thought I'd open it upto the group to suggest a better combo.....

Usage will be for mucking around and could be on the flat or over rough stuff depending how I feel. I want silly speed (over my modified X nitro), but it needs to be reliable. Price wise, I can get a Blur / 2650 for

Ah, interesting comment, I'd not thought about it like that.... However, would the higher low down torque just make the truck wheelie all the time? I was drawn to the Castle ESC as you can tune the power curve and I figured that I could give it a less agressive ramp up to keep it nose down. Happy to hear your thoughts, I've never done a LiPo truck before!

I put hobbyking 150a esc and 2000kv motor in mine, can run it 4 or 6 cell lipo, it's plenty fast enough on 4s for me , will pull wheelies on command, even at speed and does the coolest standing backflips as well. Really good combo