• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

2 x 2s lipos question

Strada mt 83

Hi guys lil Sunday question for ya.

I'm running my firestorm on 3s at the mo the esc and motor will take a 4s and I'm wondering whether I can use 2 2s linked together ? I have a few turnigy 2s's but not sure they are both the same mah and c rating. Will it still work ok or is it a stupid idea? Also to make it a 4s do I need to make a connector to run in series or parallel ? Cheers guys .

You'd have to wire for series and matching cells. Can the esc handle 4s?. I've seen 4s in a firestorm before and it was rediculous, completely uncontrollable and just wheel span everywhere.

Edited by stretch

Yeah the combo I put in will take it . An it is nuts on 3s . It's quick on 2s lol . Was just wanting to try the insane speed of 4s for a giggle without buying one. Thou it does struggle to get power down on 3s in this cold slippy weather lol. Missing the grip an wheelies . Lol