• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

creativechris racing career. step by step report.

creativechris

these are just as strong as hypers mate, everybody is (pardon the pun) hyping up hypers saying they are indestructible, but actually losi's are too. this losi 8ight has already been through hell. Racing is the hardest thing you can do with a rc car and its not giving in just yet, flew at 35mph into the jump and it bounced off. :)

awesome bit of kit.

not much tbh, just softened the suspension a little. but thats about it. I just want to learn how it handles, learn the track ect. then narrow it down and make changes, upgrades ect.

all I have done is change the body and bought some mini pins.

cracking car :)

not to mention a SMD starter box ;)

imag1982.jpg

imag1979.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

ok guys, the buggy at the start of todays race at swindon.

imag2007d.jpg

sadly im too embarrassed to show a photo of what it looked like after, destroyed the steering servo and smashed the rear wing, the car run out of onboard power at full throttle, which resulted in what only can describe as a camacarzi launch into the world of flight. luckily the car landed upside down and didn't get damaged but was nasty but hilarious to watch.

I have been doing some photography with the rc cars.

here's an example.

swindonrcclub.jpg

so if anybody wants some promotional work for their 'team' or just wants to have some done for a desktop background or what ever give me a shout.

also had a crack at some signature recently, my current one is my latest but here's another example.

signaturekp.jpg

to be honest mate, im completely hooked on racing, this losi is the best purchase i have ever undertaken in the hobby so far. you should come to swindon some time and check out out for yourself, your truggy will do well there, might need to borrow some mini pins wheels off me mind but nothing major.

il see about the bashes but i don't want to damage the car as its purely bread for racing. :)

Edited by creativechris

I may well soon. But can only give up an hour or two on weekends at the mo. which will be gone just travelling. You can still bash the lightning stadium eh?

Mini pins you say? I wanna get some tires soon maybe worth gettin some for the track rather than badlands for bashing. When is the Sunday practices?