• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Why do police officers get treated differant it's wrong what u think

marderman

Just seen on itv news a copper who killed his girlfriend by drink driving twice the legal Limit been let off with a 4month suspended sentence but if it was one of us we would be facing years in HMP

I think is rediculas they are no differant than u or me with out that badge and he broke the law he should be treated like us !!!!!!

well thay take into account there service record in the force, now he has a criminal conviction he will loss his job and prob the roof he sleeps under, dont forget he will have that on his license for 10 years

As Si Coe says, it's really not uncommon for people to get off lightly when some would think they shouldn't. It just hits the papers when it's a Police Officer and people will rant over it.

The Police are just people....some good some bad. They have a hard job to do, and get precious little thanks. I've had good and bad experiences, though to be fair...most of the time I got nicked because I WAS breaking the law...

I also have had good experience...like the time I got knocked off my bike, lying in the back of the ambulance while a pair of WPC's gave the jerk who had taken me out a VERY hard time before providing me with the correct name and address details rather than the fake rubbish he had tried to give me.

They are just people....not gods or demons.

• Like 1

If you want to be treated like a police officer wile out driving, sick a black rat sticker in the rear window of your car. Its not as much of a get out of jail free card as it used to be as more and more people get one for there car. Basically the Black rat is a signal to traffic police that you are a traffic copper. At one time if you had one on your rear window, You could get away with a lot. you still do, But bear in mind that if you have one of those stickers your supposed to be a Highly skilled driver (like the traffic cops) so its not an excuse to drive like a ****.

Edited by cerbrus2

Not sure if anyone saw the last traffic cops on BBC 1, it's on iplayer now if you missed it.

Basically in it they stop a guy on a bike and it stinks of weed. They put him in the car and try to cuff him. At this point he pushes his way out of the car even though two of them were holding him in there. He then gets two massive punches into the face of the one officer while he has the bike key between his fingers. The officer holds onto the cuffs though and he gets restrained (No thanks to the public, who just film it for a laugh down the job seekers) by the other.

He's left with blood pouring from his face and becomes unconscious. He later goes on to have a seizure from his injures.

How long does the bad guy get? 20 years? 25 years?

9 months. In 9 months someone who is willing to nearly kill a police officer over some weed is back on the streets. Great.

well thay take into account there service record in the force, now he has a criminal conviction he will loss his job and prob the roof he sleeps under, dont forget he will have that on his license for 10 years

As would any `normal` citizen except we would get the time too....

Corporate sponsored bullyboys get let off with a stiff talking to. Welcome to what's now become a facist police state.

Oh i love you. you funny.

The police are like the rest of us. Underpaid, Overworked and suffering at the hand of government who want to take away as much money as possible to drive the police service into the private security sector. Then it'll be your Facist police state run by corporate sponsored bullyboys.

Everytime i've had dealings with the police i treat them like everyone else i meet, with politeness and respect and i've never had an issue. coincidence?

Oh i love you. you funny.

The police are like the rest of us. Underpaid, Overworked and suffering at the hand of government who want to take away as much money as possible to drive the police service into the private security sector. Then it'll be your Facist police state run by corporate sponsored bullyboys.

Everytime i've had dealings with the police i treat them like everyone else i meet, with politeness and respect and i've never had an issue. coincidence?

What a wonderfully optimistic viewpoint.

Edited by Fluclear

hhhmmm im a betting on some locktite here ;)

I know a couple of police both in different sectors, surprise surprise they are human beings and nice people

dont really know if they get away with things more than everyone else, its easy to assume.

it aint the old bill at fault, but to ponce sitting on the bench!!! its about time this poor legal system was put right!!!

stop the soft sentance's and make prison a place you never want to go back to not a holiday home!!!!!

if murder says max life it should be life

if rape say 10 yrs it should be 10yrs not oh I feel sorry for you mate, here have 6months

and if you kill someone by dangerous driving or being over the limit thats murder get life!!!

just my very humble view

• Like 2

Must admit....I nearly spat my dummy when the Eurocrats decided it was illegal to deny prisoners the right to vote...

Prison is supopsed to be a punishment.

Our legal system is a complex one, but for every crime there is a 'tariff' that determines maximum and minimum sentances a judge can give. That's set by the official lawmakers....and we vote them into power.

It's a chain. If you don;t like the sentances handed out for a crime, it's not the police....they just arrest the perp. It's then the judge who applies sentance...but within the set guidelines. Blame the politicians. They are able to change things. Don't recall Tony B-liar, Gordon Beige or any of the current lot doing much about it.

• Like 1

Must admit....I nearly spat my dummy when the Eurocrats decided it was illegal to deny prisoners the right to vote...

Prison is supopsed to be a punishment.

Our legal system is a complex one, but for every crime there is a 'tariff' that determines maximum and minimum sentances a judge can give. That's set by the official lawmakers....and we vote them into power.

It's a chain. If you don;t like the sentances handed out for a crime, it's not the police....they just arrest the perp. It's then the judge who applies sentance...but within the set guidelines. Blame the politicians. They are able to change things. Don't recall Tony B-liar, Gordon Beige or any of the current lot doing much about it.

Because they all work for the same corporation.......do you ever get the feeling it matters not who you vote for?......

There is no all controlling corporation. I wish there was in a way - its better than the truth. There is no shadow government, no new world order, no conspiracy - nobody is orchestrating the seeming chaos around you. No - the chaos you see is just that: Chaos. It has no order, its not planned and its not controlled.

What we have is pure randomness - and thats scarier by far!

Hi. I got arrested for not puttin a shoppin trolley back that I was lent against. I did have a green mohawk, but what price individuality???????. Waste of public money! I also got let off for standin on a po lice " man's" feet & pushin "him" over, after he punched me in the face for standin up when he started moanin about me havin a beer in the park :) . The theatre thats at the park sells beer in glass glasses, I was drinkin out of a plastic bottle of cider. Why not get arsey with the people who've bought thier beer from the theatre? One law for them, another law for us! :yes:

• Like 1