• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

advice needed toyota

norcoforever

there not bad but there the usual bland jap interiors ect, elecy window switches have issues and the handbrake ratchets can let go but there was a recall for that - check the insurance out first as even tho the lump is a 3 pot 1.0 the vvti makes them rev well, there more like a 1.2-1.3 performance wise theres a good yaris forum here...............

http://www.yarisclubuk.com/

i was looking at these a few years back and did a load of research but ended up with another corsa

Have you considered looking 'outside the box' if you buy a classic car or kitcar you save loads on insurance. If you did take this route there are other cost though, lower fuel economy and higher maintenance costs. An example, I owned an AC Cobra replica with a 2.8L V6 and weighed 780Kg so was no slouch, that cost only

Have you considered looking 'outside the box' if you buy a classic car or kitcar you save loads on insurance. If you did take this route there are other cost though, lower fuel economy and higher maintenance costs. An example, I owned an AC Cobra replica with a 2.8L V6 and weighed 780Kg so was no slouch, that cost only

service stuff is cheap there plenty around in the breakers, due to its age there are plenty pattern parts, again it depends how its been looked after 1.0 needs regular oil changes and thay need a good run atleast once a month as most get used as a shopping trolly or the school run

the yaris is a fantastic first car imo

i have had a 1.5 t sport as a rental(they had no 1.0) and it was a real blast to drive

like a little go kart and you can't go wrong with toyota as they have a good rep and it also has a timing chain as aposed to a cam belt that needs to be changed

very low insurance group so good if your young

cheers

andy

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

the yaris is a fantastic first car imo

i have had a 1.5 t sport as a rental(they had no 1.0) and it was a real blast to drive

like a little go kart and you can't go wrong with toyota as they have a good rep and it also has a timing chain as aposed to a cam belt that needs to be changed

very low insurance group so good if your young

cheers

andy

:thumbsup:

Always be aware that timing chains stretch and tick on engine covers, or can stretch till you skip a tooth and fubar it up.

my godson pays between 900 and 1400.

his cars so far.

seat leon cupra ( stock)

Bmw E46 ( nice little drifter for the younguns)

toyota AE82 ( red top big port 4 AGE ) GTI

now has a seat leon cupra ( R type engine, 1.8T (180bph Aw)

and awaiting a stage 2 ECU remap and new parts ( conrods , pistons, bottom end, manifold,)

should give 240bhp+ when finished

toyotas are sweet, ok sometimes not cheap.

the godsons AE82 was a minter and sporting the 4age engine a fairly easy sell.

went for 1200 quid in the end with a dead gearbox.

everyone has different tastes but when it comes to cash

even a junker is better than nothing or a heavy insurance premium.

Edited by Tamiyacowboy