• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Mk3 Polo coupe 1994

KieranBolton

• 3 weeks later...

bought some carbs for it today :) Hopefully should be back by the end of this month :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160981224677?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 - CBR 600 Carbs

Now im undecided on wether i want to buy a bike fuel pump built for the job or an upmarket one like a facet one.......

heads being stripped and valves and springs being replaced aswell as ported and polished then finished with a skim :)

Once that comes back ill be saving up for my Cam :)

ohh and ive officially decided i need something luxuary and fast so ive decided on the next car..... which will be a secrate untill it arrives however thatll be closer to the end of this year :)

Kieran

nice the cbr 600 carbs are perfect for these

as for fueling a few people use the filter king and pump(think thats the name /brand)

am looking for an old bready to do the same to as a summer project

cheers

andy

:thumbsup:

nice the cbr 600 carbs are perfect for these

as for fueling a few people use the filter king and pump(think thats the name /brand)

am looking for an old bready to do the same to as a summer project

cheers

andy

Good lad andy :) 

Im selling a GT loom if you're interested for a GT conversion? 

Anyway :) Bikecarbs almost here... in the meentime have a flag

198718_10200387789993766_333634664_n.jpg

Kieran

Well the plot thickens... I have currently in my possession: 

Welder

Bike Carbs

Welding Shiz...

Ohh and some tubing...

Basically the CBR 600 carbs turned up So i bought a welder and grabbed some pipe from work so i can get cracking with a manifold :) On monday im going back to work to find some scrap plating i can use :)

now im not sure where to go with this one; I quite like the look of fancy trumpets, but then i cannot find any to fit my carbs, so then an airbox/filter was thought about however CBR 600 Filter boxes are a pain too... So there's going to be some fab work either way :(

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/carburettor-bolt-on-filters/itg-megaflow-jc50-large-twin-carburettor-base-plate

And then these :

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/carburettor-bolt-on-filters/itg-megaflow-jc50-large-twin-carburettor-air-filter

Anyway

577223_10200401060885530_1768468374_n.jp

Kieran

i love the trumpet idea... but the filter idea is better i think... not sure 

got the grinder out tonight and decided to give making a manifold ago however got bored and quickly gave up (Cut 4 pipes) Anyway Off to work tomorrow to get some plate to see if i can weld said pipes to plate.... or better still get them to make me a manifold :) 

Ill update when i get chance :) 

Kieran

The heads gone to  lancaster engines  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

seen a few from the bogg bro's and always been impressed

looking at a set of zxr400 carbs that a mate has and that will be the start of my build

1.3 gt lump with about 100-110 bhp to start with in either a square back mk2 polo or saloon if i can get one cheap enough(there not getting cheaper now)

will build the lump as funds allow and take it from there

good luck with your build and how's the paint going?

cheers

andy

Well the polo's currently on my drive lol :(

Going back to the painters tomorrow to start work monday, they took on aload of contract vans so didnt really have time, it was no hardship cause i had a car anyway :)

But yeah the Garage has took on an extra guy to sort my car :)

Kieran

Well the polo's currently on my drive lol :(

Going back to the painters tomorrow to start work monday, they took on aload of contract vans so didnt really have time, it was no hardship cause i had a car anyway :)

But yeah the Garage has took on an extra guy to sort my car :)

Kieran

sweet

• 2 weeks later...

Well this thursday is the big'ish day, not entirely sure what color i want to paint it (Or if itll ever be painted at all) but i have to go discuss paint with him this thursday :(

on a side note ive bought a gauge holder for my 3 gauges (Still need to choose 2, i know one will be AFR)

Ive also grabbed some yellow HID's for my main beam, Yesterday i got the camshaft gunned off from the cam and ill be replacing the cam next month with a newman 268 cam

Ohh and a payrise from work :) Bonus :)

Kieran

• 2 weeks later...

I know its a pointless update but here goes :

Polo Bike carb manifold purchased :)

Next up is the megajolt system i think, luckely my carbs have a TPS on them so i should be okay on that front :D

Ohh and ive officially chosen the new colour, Its been purchased and done now, kinda hoping it works out :(

Ill not update now until its back from the bodyshop :( Should have a fresh MOT on too :D

Kieran

• 5 months later...