• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

100mph+ schumacher mi1 project

arogon1235

well after looking on the internet for a good couple of hours i have found some spur gears that will fit the mi1 with the adapter i have and the good thing is they are 32dp so they can handle the extra power of 6s. The other thing that is good about these spur gears is that they are a much lower tooth than the 48dp ones i run atm, the lowest tooth count i can find is a 44 tooth spur gear so i plan to run a 28t or 31t pinion gear as that is the highest i can find with out getting one made up.

spur gear= http://kimbroughracingproducts.com/store/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29804

pinion gears= steel 31t 

heavy duty aluiminium 28t pinion 

http://www.kershawdesigns.com/Pinions.htm  

well after the practice event i also noticed that the lipo's kept coming out so i decided to make this http://i.imgur.com/jqqMnFw.jpg 

also found a nice smooth carpark and a nice long stretch of smooth loading bay at the back of the stores were they un-load stuff should be able to get a run on 6s this sunday  :whistling:

that alli is a bit thick and bent u r just adding wait keep it light and simple

that alli is a bit thick and bent u r just adding wait keep it light and simple

the battery tray weighs 150g, and if i keep it light and simple the more chance of it taking off if there is a sudden gust of wind so its better to have a little weight to keep the car planted

put it dont have a complet pan bottom and if the body is right not much air will go under

Didn't quite catch that, those dictionary things are great by the way

it was a joke i was saying very funny mate i have one down stairs

what do u do about the belt coz surly it expands and u lose power

so the belt always stays in contact with the driveline nice u should see my drive shaft it bows so much it will move about 3mm each way lol too much power

Looking a lot better arogon :good:

MMC, if the belt exapnda it won't loose power, rather it might skip a few teeth and kill itself to death :lol:

If the belt is too tight thats another matter as that extra friction would cause some problems.

Also how can you bend your driveshaft? Does it just twist and snap?