• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Anyone know how to reprogram a used corsa key fob

Jason1974

Drop me a pm with your reg and a pic of the key mate ill have a look on the autodata this afternoon and see if I can help ya. The immobiliser chip can be swapped from key to key but the remote central will need re-programming

try this

Vauxhall - Opel Remote Key Programming

You must use the correct type of locking circuit for your car. This is the circuit in the key fob.

Method A

35]
Switch on the ignition (don
Edited by dazj10

err, you can do the locking yourself, the imob chip is a little black thing in the bottom part of the key the top half is just the central locking, done loads of these over the years for all sorts of vx cars and have had 3 corsa's (b,c and a corsa D)

edit. you can get a fob from another vauxhall of the same age, what year is the car ?

Edited by flash22

err, you can do the locking yourself, the imob chip is a little black thing in the bottom part of the key the top half is just the central locking, done loads of these over the years for all sorts of vx cars and have had 3 corsa's (b,c and a corsa D)

edit. you can get a fob from another vauxhall of the same age, what year is the car ?

My car is a 2003 corsa c. I have got a fob from another car but do you know how i reprogram the fob to work with my car without having it done at vauxhall.

the buttons are just for the central locking !!!! the passive imobiliser chip is in the bottom of the key in the corner

if you can start the car with the key thats not a problem, if it doesnt start you will need to get the key programed to the car at a main stealer or someone with a tech2

if it just the remote locking that isnt working you can reprogram it yourself put a new battery in the fob to rule out and issues,

there are a few ways to program the key inc using opcom or tech2 usually its key in the ignition, 2nd pos press and hold the lock/unlock button(s) for 10 seconds then release them, take the key out at try it (when you put the key in you get 20-30 sec to press the buttons

if you have a working second key re sync this key first and it should take the second key no problems

the buttons are just for the central locking !!!! the passive imobiliser chip is in the bottom of the key in the corner

if you can start the car with the key thats not a problem, if it doesnt start you will need to get the key programed to the car at a main stealer or someone with a tech2

if it just the remote locking that isnt working you can reprogram it yourself put a new battery in the fob to rule out and issues,

there are a few ways to program the key inc using opcom or tech2 usually its key in the ignition, 2nd pos press and hold the lock/unlock button(s) for 10 seconds then release them, take the key out at try it (when you put the key in you get 20-30 sec to press the buttons

if you have a working second key re sync this key first and it should take the second key no problems

The car starts fine with the key. The problem is with the central locking fob as the button to unlock the doors have broken off, so i have bought a used fob from another corsa and tried method a what dazj10 posted but this didn't work, so i have searched the web and found that opcom can reprogram central locking fobs.

there isnt a guide as such, there are a few work arounds for windows 7 to get opcom working i have opcom software that works 100% on win7

Im in kent so thats a non starter

iirc the are 2 fob types these work on different frequences there should be a label inside the fob to tell you whats what

there isnt a guide as such, there are a few work arounds for windows 7 to get opcom working i have opcom software that works 100% on win7

Im in kent so thats a non starter

iirc the are 2 fob types these work on different frequences there should be a label inside the fob to tell you whats what

Hi mate, I have received the opcom interface and installed the software but do you know where i find the central locking part.