• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Tamiya Lunchbox/Midnight Pumpkin Owners Club....

jason3249

Hi guys

can you help me out .. i have the lunchbox and have done the 5th shock mod . so it handels well but it doesnt crack any sort or wheelie ?

do i now need to go brushless to increase the power ?? (ps . mid jan dont have alot of money )

thanks in advance :shockingscary:

I've ordered new shocks for my lb so will have a few spare springs when they're fitted. Could also slice off another piece of aluminum like the one I cut out for mine.

IMAG1174_1.jpg

Arrived today mate, thanks again :thumbsup:

Edited by roy8846

Stick me down as a (soon to be) LB owner. Should be here tomorrow hopefully :D Ordered it from Hobbystores yesterday morning :D

http://www.hobbystores.co.uk/default.asp?WMFN=HOB_Weblet&WMFT=D&WPG=HOB_HomePage1&itemid=58347

Edited by Carl160180
  • Like 1

**** me sideways thats cheap!!!

Yep, cheapest in the uk mate, tried to get a price match off MS and got "we will not be price matching this item" LOL. This is the reason I dropped out of buying your midnight pumpkin mate. The urge to buy new won me over

GOD DAMN SNOW!!!!!

Just rang hobbystores about some tracking info on my LB and according to the guy on the phone the courier wrote his van off in the snow on monday so couldnt collect my parcel but it went out yesterday so it should be with me today.

I WANT MY LUNCHBOX!!!

lol

Apart from a full bearing set that arrived today not at the minute mate, I wanna get it running in stock form but I do want to do the 5th shock mod, chassis bracing and oil filled shockers later on. I was looking at getting an led kit for it too off rcbutcher and noticed that you have bought a kit off him for your LB. Was it just the standard 8 led kit with 5mm led's that you bought off him mate? Just wanna make sure I get the right size led's to fit the front lamp buckets on the LB.

Yes I bought 2 standard 8 LED kits with 9V batt plug..

The LED's wil fit in the lamp's but not with the little black holders on, a bit of drilling out is needed but its very easy to do.

why 2 kits mate? and did you go for the white or blue leds for the front? I prefer the kits with the jst plug on them so they can be plugged into the spare channel on the rx

I got a led kit with a 9v plug and have zip tied the battery to the back of the shell. I went for the 9v because I didn't want wires connecting the shell to something else. Knew I'd forget to disconnect them too often and something would break soon.

I've got 5mm less in the front and just pushed them in the light buckets and used a glue gun to stick them in place. Also used a drop of glue to keep the wires in place around the shell.

IMAG1250.jpg

IMAG1251.jpg

Interested to see how others have done theirs.

Edited by oodboo

why 2 kits mate? and did you go for the white or blue leds for the front? I prefer the kits with the jst plug on them so they can be plugged into the spare channel on the rx

2 kits for 2 LB's ;)

White LED's.

I also went 9V so I can just lift the shell off and on easily as I use more than one shell, rather have seperate power (even though they dont use much power at all).

My battery is held on via double sided foam and some brown tape.

I think I am going to get a riot van shell made up complete with flashing lights when funds allow, can then have chases with my son :D

2013-01-23143233_zps35c31ee9.jpg

2013-01-23143303_zps5dfa0230.jpg

Edited by roy8846

Hi all, just building my LB with my son at the moment.

Suffering from upgraditis before the darn thing's finished, already fitted ballraces, ansmann oil filled shocks arrived yesterday, numerous M3 s/s nuts/bolts/rods on order for fitting shocks and strut brace. If I can find a single shock on fleabay I'm tempted to do the 3rd shock mod as well as part of the build.

I'm going to stick with std silver can for now, but would really like to add the lighting upgrade (but not at

Has anyone gone brushless and stuck with 7.2nimh batteries? Just wondering if it's worth the cost without using lipos.

Yes its still worthwhile! (Depends what you want speed wise and also what you already have though)

A decent brushed motor will cost anything between

Edited by roy8846

LED's

http://www.msuk-foru...its-685-posted/

Cheap Shocks

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item1c29ccecf3

I used these but dont think they have stock atm.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321035233104?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Someone can probably link to some 75mm ansmann shocks for around a tenner which are ideal.

Ta muchly, I already have the Ansmann 75mm's for the 4 corners, just looking for another to do 3rd shock mod. PM sent to contact regarding the LEDs. Cheers!