• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

best affordable lipo batterys

arogon1235

i find the gens ace packs to be reliable if a little pricey compared to hobbyking

have a couple of 4s packs and they have been great

also have a couple of sets of orion packs for my e-revo and these are the best i have loads of run time and oodles of punch/power but these cost

i think i might go with gens ace or maxamps

Gens ace yes, maxamps HELL NO!

Maxamps lipos are the most over rated, over priced junk on the market; 2 minutes on google will tell you everything you need to know about those thieving con artists & liars.

If you are in the USA, then go with either Gens ace, Turnigy ( nanotechs ), or Hyperion lipos ( a true premium brand compared to the others which are 'cheap and cheerful' as such ). Do no throw your money away on false ratings and retarded noob-hype which is what you will end up with if you buy maxamps lipos...

• Like 1

Haiyin LiPos are worth looking up, They are as good if not better than Gens ace, and Around the same price. Just a lot easier to get hold of here in the EU than gens ace.

Did a lot of reading up on about the whole Turnigy vrs Zippy vrs gens ace vrs Thunder power vrs Orion Vrs haiyn and so on..... And picked the Haiyin as being the best out of all of them for Higher end quality batteries with True C-Ratings while still being affordable and readily available.

Don't take my word for it though, Google em up and read about them Vrs everything else.

I've also got Gens Ace from Giantshark and Turnigy lipos from hobbyking. I am pleased with both brands but I do love my Gens Ace and would not hestitate to buy them again. I bought my hobbyking lipos from the UK warehouse and they were here in 3 days and perfectly balanced too. For the prices these lipos are excellent value for money.

I've also got Thunder Power lipos, but they are silly expensive. I may give the Haiyin ones a go when I need to get new ones etc.

Mo.

I have got gens ace and turnigy lipos as well and rate them both, gens ace from giant shark and turnigy from hobbyking. Like GorillaZilla says you can get discount from hobbyking, just pop on the website and open up the page of the lipo you want and wait, and after about five or ten mins or so a message will pop up offering you discount because you are taking time to think about it. result and bargain happy days.

Nope......I am a black belt :arigato:

In 4s flavour there is nothing over 5000mah 25c :rolleyes:

I sense the Grasshopper has much to learn concerning Haiyin-Store Fu X-)

http://www.haiyinsto...wh.asp?p_id=207

That battery, being a Truely rated rather than a marketing inflated 40C can handle 200 Amps continuous.

Though the "Next button" being a little thing, almost hidden doesn't help ;-)

Edited by GorillaZilla
  • Like 2