• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

GoPro Hero 3 First Look

unsponsored

Surely a full shave and a bic razor to the head would be much cheaper though and probably be a similar weight loss.

your missing the point its where the weight is, having an extra few grams on your helmet makes a massive difference hence why the lightest helmets are the most expensive.

back on topic how does this compare to the hero 2?

• 4 weeks later...
Just ordered me the Silver version, should be here Monday hopefully!

If you like the Gopro's, you'll love the 3.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago, used it on the MTB a few times and it's giving some great quality shots. Stills and videos seem to look a bit crisper and the built in wifi is a winner.

The external wifi button is great to save you from going through the menu every time you want to switch it on.

apparantly the low light handling has been improved too.

There's no real improvement in low light handling with the Silver edition. Apparently the Black edition will be the one with the much improved low light handling.

It's a shame about the lag on the preview with the iPhone app. On my Hero 2 with the wifi bacpac fitted there's virtually no lag at all.

• 2 weeks later...
anybody know an official release date in the uk for the black edition ?? its easier getting blood from a stone at the moment :shockingscary:

The first bath is due in the UK next week apparently but most stockists think they'll be taken up by Pre-orders. The next batch is expected after Christmas.

• Like 1

Cheers bud. Looks like ill be waiting till jan :(

Try Scotby Cycles at www.scotbycycles.co.uk

They said on their Faceache page that they were getting some in and the weren't all pre-ordered.

I got my Hero 3 Silver form them earlier this month.