• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Show us your 1/1 cars!

landmaxdriver

might as well add to this,

this is my new toy, well i pick it up probs over the weekend....

mynewrangerover_zpseb1d6fd9.jpg

2 in 1 pic really, my bora can be seen in the background :xd:  :xd:

dude!!! not the P38! probably the worst range rover ever made :(

couple of questions, which engine? and has it had the air suspension switched out for springs and shocks?

a few of mine

i am driving this at the mo

4b587ab103647f279038c95ef27da77e.jpg

loaded with caravan ready for the ferry to come to sweden!

12140ef847da07f23d6450dd7ac58060.jpg

have this sitting in the garage back in the UK got to sell it now tho :(

fc960d05ece4f9131cf6649f0112840c.jpg

couple of my old cars

405 MI16

Picture463.jpg

Picture486.jpg

406 V6 coupe

Photo0176.jpg

• Like 1

dude!!! not the P38! probably the worst range rover ever made :(

couple of questions, which engine? and has it had the air suspension switched out for springs and shocks?

it was the bmw 2.5dt lump and had the airbags removed for shocks and springs but in a twist of fate (the keys being stolen) i had another car from them instead....

i now rock a disco 300tdi :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

i was gunna say the best engine was the diesel version but the MPG was still shocking!

but nice, good choice plenty of parts as they will break but parts are dirt cheap! i can get over the price lol same parts for my shogun make me cringe haha

to be fair mate apart from a few light scratches and tiny dents mechanically its 100% underside has been waxoiled from new, need a few new bits of trim on the interior and such but otherwise its a good one, only 122400 on the clock too which is low for a 98 r reg :thumbsup:

sounds like you got one of the rare ones that were looked after correctly! landys NEED waxoil lol god knows why they never galved from factory but hey!

keep up that waxoiling mate be well worth it. should last you a long time then :D

• 3 weeks later...

Posted Image

Old one on the left, 1.2 petrol. New one on the right, 1.3 diesel. There are two winning points for the new car, zero road tax because of low emissions and 80mpg on the motorway.

Plus, it's full of gadgets. :rolleyes:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Is it reliable mate?

Definitely, although I have only had it two months so far.

The previous one was a good car and despite only being a 1.2, got me 250 miles each way to Devon from Merseyside each month.

The current one was purchased in anticipation of making more of these journeys but things changed :(

Although the motorway journeys I have done have been good. I get 60 mpg combined driving. 50 around town.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Definitely, although I have only had it two months so far.

The previous one was a good car and despite only being a 1.2, got me 250 miles each way to Devon from Merseyside each month.

The current one was purchased in anticipation of making more of these journeys but things changed :(

Although the motorway journeys I have done have been good. I get 60 mpg combined driving. 50 around town.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

That is very good.  I'm looking at getting a second car for doing 400 miles a week and want summat reliable & cheap to run.  Whats the space like inside?  I'm 6'7'' which often very quickly rules cars out for me!

• 3 weeks later...

This is my MK1 Golf GTI cab from a couple of years ago 

Only pic i have of it and the day after my mate wrote it off by crashing into a telephone box coming round a corner going faster than he could handle  :sly:

photo0016nh.jpg
  • Like 1

nice mate, love classics like that.

i have a 205 cti in my moms garage back in the UK waiting for me to bring it over here. wish i had a few weeks ago as its been over 20'C for the last 2/3 weeks lol

Was gutted it got wrote off  :sly:

But missus wouldnt let our kids in it anyway cos there wasnt any belts in the back so was unable to go out in it if kids where with us  :shockingscary:

they are classics now, some fetch silly money, 6K plus!

i do like a cabriolet tho, only downside is they didnt get the GTi suspension due to making the ride to hard so it got XS suspension.

still drives and handles really well for a soft top :D

fc960d05ece4f9131cf6649f0112840c.jpg

Edited by Bonez