• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

changing my ford head unit

basherJ

hi all, thought I would start a new thread for those interested in real cars. Changed my boring ford head unit for a much better one.

Finally got a new head unit, after many problems with the used one I bought, and fitted it last night. Did not take me long to do and I think it looks great. Here is a few pic's of the process.

Start

20120824151108.jpg

Take off the centre console trim

20120824152714.jpg

Take out 6 torx screws and the facia pop's off

20120824153010.jpg

The ford unit had a further 4 torx screws to remove

20120824153123.jpg

All removed

20120824153710.jpg

New double din cage fitted.

20120825143149.jpg

Head unit slotted in no problem, used new wire harness and works nicely. Loverly feel to the touch screen and has ipod connection.

20120927192709.jpg

Enjoyed doing this.....now got to find something else to do.

Looking nice! :sweeeet: Did your new unit have the fascia/fitting kit with it,or purchased separately?

I done the exact same thing about 4 weeks ago to my car...Accidently reset the airbag wire in the process though and it then started to show an airbag light on the dashboard :huh: Mananged to get it resit however for a tenner..the guy literally shoved a little machine into a slot under the steering wheel,hit a few buttons and it cleared! :D ..THEN when it came to fitting the new unit,i unplugged the battery to be on the safe side :lol:

7g9W6.jpg

New pic to follow!

Edited by 53HRA

My radios ok in my truck but I need more bass, I'm seriously limited for space. Been looking at an under seat amp and sub.

That new head unit looks great :)

you think you have no space try fitting 2 15inch subs into a mini with out it taking both seats in the back
  • Like 1