• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Finished (I think) hyper 7 brushless build thread!First 1/8th Brushless buggy.

jtheg

I was thinking about kindly asking/begging/pleading with my wife to make me one out of the same sort of material and having a really good fit to it. Also having a vent on the motor side would aid the cooling - might be more expensive but could mabye make another 3 or 4 covers from whats left and sell them on :)

I'm looking at different types of plastic mesh to sew/glue into a square cut out by the motornor somewhere. Ideally to let a better flow of air, but still protected from the elements

Todays update:

This cnc piece arrived today:

20130114_181041.jpg

Goes here:

20130114_191011.jpg

Also soldered on my 4mm bullets to tidy the wiring up:

20130114_193042.jpg

20130114_193124.jpg

Got some shock towers covers on the rears too

20130114_193141.jpg

20130114_193108.jpg

20130114_193048.jpg

20130114_193032.jpg

And tried its 'COAT' on:

20130114_193300.jpg

Quality slippers for crimbo too!!! :thumbsup:

I dont have to worry about it getting wet mines all water proof

That receiver box looks good but I need a bigger one for all the wire I stick in it.

I still really like the shock tower protectors you've got fitted - I WANT SOME!!!! lol

New alloy centre diff mounts arrived today, hopefully they be a bit stronger than the plastic one that's opposite the motor mount:

20130117_221407.jpg

20130117_221437.jpg

Edited by jtheg

Turning out awesome matey :-)

This is definately the Best Hyper 7 Build I've ever seen, And Ive read a LOT of H7 build and Conversion threads :thumbsup:

The shock protectors look great, and will save grinding down those Epic shockTowers :yes:

And when the plastic of the protectors get worn down and tatty, its a cheap disposable replacement part.

Only issue I can see is the Top battery is going to be a Liability where it is, When it comes to a heavy frontal impact the only thing holding it in are the wires at the end, pretty sure that won't survive much.

Bad crashes are going to do damage to the battery terminal areas.

Edited by GorillaZilla
  • Like 1

Turning out awesome matey :-)

This is definately the Best Hyper 7 Build I've ever seen, And Ive read a LOT of H7 build and Conversion threads :thumbsup:

The shock protectors look great, and will save grinding down those Epic shockTowers :yes:

And when the plastic of the protectors get worn down and tatty, its a cheap disposable replacement part.

Only issue I can see is the Top battery is going to be a Liability where it is, When it comes to a heavy frontal impact the only thing holding it in are the wires at the end, pretty sure that won't survive much.

Bad crashes are going to do damage to the battery terminal areas.

Both the batteries are heavy duty velcroed together and trust me it can only move if the bottom one moves!! (I hope!) I might put some lexon on the end just in case!!!

No new sexy shell mate but i'm thinking of buying one moulding it and making one out of fibre glass then using that as a master mould to make a perfect internal copy... well that the idea anyway :thumbsup:

My second 5800mah nanotech turned up today too so thats another matched pair and all can be used on our 1/10th monster :yes: trucks

Looking good mate is this going to end up being a shelf queen though ;)?

As for the rear alloys hubs why don't you use it and if and when you brake or damage them then upgrade them then.

I only upgrade if and when I find the weak points I don't bother upgrading if the standard does the job fine.

Thanks.