• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Abbots RC?

rctruckz

Helps if you read notices as well

http://abbotsrc.co.uk/Default.aspx

NOTICE NO SHIPPING 21ST-26TH SEPTEMBER

We will not be shipping any orders from the 21st September 2012 for a few days. Last posting date - 2.00 pm Thursday 20th September 2012. The shop will remain open for purchases. Any order after the last post date will go out on the 27th September.

• Like 2

bo!!ox :(

well as it aint been shipped i could always cancel & ask for a refund & order it from where i was going to originally as i need the parts for the weekend :(

& yup, they should have disabled the next day option in shipping, easily done with a few clicks. But also i didnt see the notice cuz its only on the homepage, when i went to the site i used an external link that taken me to the parts page i was after, so i had no idea!

they should have made that notice either a pop-up as soon you enter the website no matter what page, or a notice during checkout, not just on the home page!

bo!!ox :(

well as it aint been shipped i could always cancel & ask for a refund & order it from where i was going to originally as i need the parts for the weekend :(

& yup, they should have disabled the next day option in shipping, easily done with a few clicks. But also i didnt see the notice cuz its only on the homepage, when i went to the site i used an external link that taken me to the parts page i was after, so i had no idea!

they should have made that notice either a pop-up as soon you enter the website no matter what page, or a notice during checkout, not just on the home page!

Regarding their delivery policy it also states that 99.9% of goods should be delivered next day on a 1st class recorded transaction, i disagree with that statement as iv ordered plenty of bits via 1st class recorded and most of the time it is'nt delivered next day. Some companies actually state that next day delivery is 1st class recorded so you have to watch out for that.

Bit naughty of them to take a next day delivery payment from you though!

Well said

I've had 1st class packages taking 3 working days to get to me and im in central London. The only way they can guarantee next day is with Royal mail special delivery or a Courier.

Regarding their delivery policy it also states that 99.9% of goods should be delivered next day on a 1st class recorded transaction, i disagree with that statement as iv ordered plenty of bits via 1st class recorded and most of the time it is'nt delivered next day. Some companies actually state that next day delivery is 1st class recorded so you have to watch out for that.

Bit naughty of them to take a next day delivery payment from you though!

Edited by kelchashock

Well said

I've had 1st class packages taking 3 working days to get to me and im in central London. The only way they can guarantee next day is with Royal mail special delivery or a Courier.

I have personally ordered from Abbots on over 50 separate occasions, I have at times paid for Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery when I know that I really need a part in a hurry but I can say without question that on the other 45+ occasions where I have used just the first class recorded option, I have had 1 package not turn up the following day, if your first class recorded are taking 3 days to get to you, Royal mail need to pull their fingers out......

Abbots is one person, so Jason alone is the owner and runs the business from day to day, he has been away and that will always be a problem if your the only person able to reply to emails and answer calls.....

Abbots customer service is fantastic and I know if you email them about the fact next day postage was paid for, he will look after you! :D

Thankfully all services are resumed Thursday and all post will be sent out so there is no reason why you wouldn't get it Friday....

Edited by Evmk
  • Like 1

I have never ordered off abbots so dont have a clue about their service. But you are correct, once an order is dispatched its out of their hands. Royal mail definitely need to sort it out when it comes to so call first class deliveries.

I have personally ordered from Abbots on over 50 separate occasions, I have at times paid for Royal Mail Next Day Special Delivery when I know that I really need a part in a hurry but I can say without question that on the other 45+ occasions where I have used just the first class recorded option, I have had 1 package not turn up the following day, if your first class recorded are taking 3 days to get to you, Royal mail need to pull their fingers out......

Abbots is one person, so Jason alone is the owner and runs the business from day to day, he has been away and that will always be a problem if your the only person able to reply to emails and answer calls.....

Abbots customer service is fantastic and I know if you email them about the fact next day postage was paid for, he will look after you! :D

Thankfully all services are resumed tomorrow and all post will be sent out so there is no reason why you wouldn't get it Friday....

ah well, hopefully be here thursday!

during checkout the next day delivery option states that all orders placed before 13:30 that day is guaranteed to be with you next day by 2pm, but then it does cost just under

• 2 weeks later...

Got to say..

I have used AbbotsRC many times, and have never been unhappy.

Jason usually answers queries pretty fast for a one-man operation, and when I needed a front shock upright, he split a pack for me so I could get it. I don;t pay for the premium delivery...but usually get things pretty much next day. There are a few suppliers I use regularly...and I won't recommend anyone who lets me down.... but I will happily recommend Abbots.

There are no guarantees with first-class, so a lot can depend on the local postman's schedule....but you can pretty much gauge that from how regular your post normally is. Also...any announcements are always up on the front page, so I set my favourites link to go there first. The site is easy to navigate, so that's no hassle.

In fact...the only problem I DO have with Abbots is the fact that it costs me money :) Last time I ordered a base gasket and it cost me

• Like 1

Yeah I agree that the service is good, my only slight negative - is that i purchased a single pin that goes in the wheel hub last week, the weight and size is so tiny you would'nt feel if it was in your hand but i was still charged nearly

Yeah I agree that the service is good, my only slight negative - is that i purchased a single pin that goes in the wheel hub last week, the weight and size is so tiny you would'nt feel if it was in your hand but i was still charged nearly

Yes that is true Will... I did e-mail Condor and explain that in future if he is purchasing a small single item then I would be happy to sort that out... The store has a program for each RM weight band, but it can't tell what is a packet or a large letter/ letter, so we have to charge as if it were the larger to cover ourselves.... I wrote quite a lengthy e-mail explaining this to condor if my memory serves me well.......

When I've the odd small part, I try to figure out if there's anything else I 'might need in the near future' to compensate for postage charges.

Doesn't help I know, as it's after the event.

Al.

Hi Simon (condor), I just had to find out where I wrote this - It was 'replied' to where you left your quip about the postage... So if you look up your order where you mentioned the postage, - I left the message on the order details. Sorry its a little long as I wanted to explain the postage bands etc... it is there though.

Thanks to everyone for the positive notes too, - good to see a balance of opinions...both are welcomed!

Jason is a top bloke, I've spent a fair bit with him over time and the things he's helped me out with and sorted for me I would honestly defend him to the hilt, it tough out their to make a living and he's doing a fine job looking after all his customers and doing it alone is a great effort to be honest just because of this and his great attitude to help people I always go to him for my new parts I can't fault the man

Thanks Gavin!

Not sure if you guys have ever been given a code to use in the store, so here is one that you can use on future orders. It is only a regular 5% 'er, but it all helps.

Just put in: ARCL5 in the coupon box at check out and it will deduct 5% from the total.

Also, let us know what other cars, - of any scale that you use (make and model) and if we get enough of you with the same one or two, then we'll start to get you parts in for the most popular. I know it is a bit of a pain, but if you could send the details of the models you would like parts for to: [email protected], then it will make it a whole lot easier to keep track of whats the most popular.

Thanks lads....

Edited by Abbots RC
  • Like 1