• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hebby's Marine Reef Tank therad.

hebby

Really admire your passion and devotion, must have learned a lot since starting it. I can picture sitting comfy, just watching the tank, chilled music in the background....nice.

Yeah mate defo learned loads since getting into it :)

Water chemistry, coral growth, how some corals use light for food and some don't ( photosynthetic ) it really is a learning curve and makes you appreciate the animals and coral :)

Very nice tank, even better real life:)

Thanks Jony :)

A mate of mine also has a nice marine set up that has cost him a fortune and takes up loads of his time. I remember going round to see it a while ago and couldn't work out why it looked so deserted for having had so much money spent, he laughed and told me to watch whilst he added some food, all of a sudden all of these weird looking creatures started to appear from every nook and cranny.

Sent from my HTC One max

A mate of mine also has a nice marine set up that has cost him a fortune and takes up loads of his time. I remember going round to see it a while ago and couldn't work out why it looked so deserted for having had so much money spent, he laughed and told me to watch whilst he added some food, all of a sudden all of these weird looking creatures started to appear from every nook and cranny.Sent from my HTC One max

Yeah that's same with mine lol have all sorts of different named crabs/hermits and are all fascinating to watch doing there stuff :)

This is a vid recorded at daft o'clock in morning when everything comes to life :)

Cleaner shrimp giving the Goby a mouth clean :)

http://youtu.be/8mNdxGlkdXo

Edited by hebby

• 5 months later...

Now that, must have taken some time to get to that stage Hebby.

Beautiful, do you find yourself just staring at it for ages, i find them strangely hypnotic, never up to this standard though. mine was a bowl with a fish from the fair called george  :thumbsup:

Any no silly tobacco references please

Yeah has taken about a year to get to this and loads of frustrating moments when something goes wrong or equipment fails :(

And I do mate I switch off the lights in hallway drag the foot stool in from front room and sit there just watching everything do its thing :) sometime when I can't sleep I will go downstairs and just sit for a while watching the nightlife in the tank as sometimes it can be more entertaining than when the day lights are on :)

Edited by hebby

Had mine running for 6 months now and looking at getting a few softies for it.have 7 fish which adds a bit of colour but now want a bit more.my bubble tip kept moving and ending up in the powerhead so rather than have it nuke my tank I got rid.you were right about the over night chemist lol.so far spent over a grand on it.have coralline growing like the clappers and all levels have been very stable.any softies to recommend hebby.

Edited by prussian.guard

Had mine running for 6 months now and looking at getting a few softies for it.have 7 fish which adds a bit of colour but now want a bit more.my bubble tip kept moving and ending up in the powerhead so rather than have it nuke my tank I got rid.you were right about the over night chemist lol.so far spent over a grand on it.have coralline growing like the clappers and all levels have been very stable.any softies to recommend hebby.

Depends what your looking for ;)

Colour? Movement? Growth rate?

Get some Zoas and a torch coral or a hammer head ;)

For colour try looking at some Scollies or acans :)

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Ok not updated this in a while but this tank has now gone and a new one in its place :)

Meet my Red Sea Reefer 425XL ( 420L ) reef tank.

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1443.jpg

And a video.

So now you all know why RC has taken a back seat for now even tho i still have my Apache c1 :)

• Like 1

Like that Hebby!  Marine set-ups always look so bloody clean as the lighting sets them off as does the necessity for perfect water quality..

Are you going to be playing with your RC's again now spring is approaching then?