• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Average Nitro Age

benmaffin

Definitely not for kids, as lets face it.. Any kid who "owns" a nitro model, has had everything paid for by mummy & daddy!

I'd personally only count those who buy the models & parts themselves! ;)

I'm 23 and constantly skint thanks to this weekend hobby! Although, I prefer spending my hard earned on models than pissing it away on one night out every weekend!

In my opinion, how can any 1 call theres rc cars "toys" when the average model can reach speeds of 35mph some even up to 70mph, weighs 8-13lbs and can inflict serious damage upon impact. Anyway I am 28 I bash with a few guys are they are aged between 15-60

Certainly not toys in the classic kids play thing way, but they are 'toys' for grown ups, in the same way as my track toy 1:1 Golf is.

I'm 36 btw, and have been back into RC for about two years.

Edited by DreXeL

You'll notice that on packaging it says something along the lines of "this is not a toy".

Reason for this is the model would have to go through extensive and very expensive testing to be sold as a toy. They would fail these tests because of small detachable parts. Therefore they are sold and marketed as models.

In reality they are toys, albeit very expensive toys, but toys all the same.

I started when I was 6 years. I'm now 44 years old and still playing hard. :-)

You'll notice that on packaging it says something along the lines of "this is not a toy".

Reason for this is the model would have to go through extensive and very expensive testing to be sold as a toy. They would fail these tests because of small detachable parts. Therefore they are sold and marketed as models.

In reality they are toys, albeit very expensive toys, but toys all the same.

I started when I was 6 years. I'm now 44 years old and still playing hard. :-)

glad you're still smashing them about! You must've had quite a collection.

Haha. The wife used to moan about them taking up so much room and way too much money, but after a few years she realised she was fighting a losing battle and just accepted them.

I converted a spare room into my workshop, where I also build museum quality doll houses on commission. I'm struggling for room and so half the bedroom is used for storing some of the cars I very rarely run. I think there's probably bits and pieces in every room of the house.

Haha. The wife used to moan about them taking up so much room and way too much money, but after a few years she realised she was fighting a losing battle and just accepted them.

I converted a spare room into my workshop, where I also build museum quality doll houses on commission. I'm struggling for room and so half the bedroom is used for storing some of the cars I very rarely run. I think there's probably bits and pieces in every room of the house.

There's worse things to be into

im 18 my first nitro wasnt a good experience at 10 but im 18 and have been through a very good collection off buying and selling cars now ive settleed for a savage which is being hopped up :)

good plan mate juat stay away from the ally parts. They look the muts but they break other parts of the car because there is no "give" in the ally any more