• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Another

sam123

nitrotek as a company are kind of dumb.

for the sake of a quick fix for a customer who may have bought more products in the future, they got on there high horse & in turn lost a customer. I for one just after reading this topic, will never go near a nitrotek & im pretty sure theres others who have read this topic thinking the same.

All for the sake of a cheap simple fix!

Companys need to realise that good customer service can make or break there survival in a cut throat world!

surely as you bought from Booth Enterprises, your contract is with THEM, not Nitrotek.

And the Sale of Goods Act is relevant here, as it states goods must be of satisfactory quality and Fit for Purpose. Which it sounds like the glider is neither.

Not sure that going after Nitrotek via bad reviews and Trading standards is going to help - as you haven't actually given them any of your money??

All they have done is look at a product sold by a third party - and state their cost for returning it to you. Did you have a contract (of any sort) with Nitrotek??

Quoting the sale of goods act doesnt always get you where you want. With me and giantcod/giantshark they just ignored me. I got trading standards involved and copied them in on the emails i was sending. Giantscum still stuck by there rubbish policies and said they wont replaces anything that has been used. Even if after 3 months it sets itself on fire.....

I know this is just one case but what im saying is it doenst ALWAYS get you what you want. But its worth a try!

zebrevo has hit the nail on the head. The contract is between the retailer and the customer. The glider should have been returned to the retailer.

Indeed I work In retail (musical instruments) when we get a product returned under guarantee- as long as the product hasn't been damaged/broken by miss use (can be a bit of a grey area) we are obliged to either get it repaired at our cost (either by using a local engineer or returning to manufacturer or distributor or we can give a credit note for the amount that the original sale was....However we are not required by law in any way to refund them there money, although we will often do as a gesture of good will to keep our reputation as a business....which as mentioned already is seriously important to us...as in these times we need every customer we can get!

• Like 1

the key issue regarding full refund rather than repair or replacement, or partial refund, in this case is that of "acceptance",

if OP had not "accepted" the item, full refund.

but by taking and flying it with the known fault and subsequently damaging it, it could be seen it had been "accepted"

in which case the right to refund disappears.

in any event - the contract is still with the seller. Booth Enterprises in this case. Not Nitrotek.

The company you originally brought the glider from should of/be sorting this out for you- they are the ones who should of returned it to nitrotech explaining the problem and issues...or they should of fixed the issue themselves at there expense or sorted you some sort of credit note- now they could argue the toss and say the fault is because it was crashed...You will have to be persuasive that the issues were not down to miss use and the product was faulty when purchased. I had a similar issue with a heli I had...the esc set it's self on fire! I returned it to my LHS and they spotted some marks on the end of the blades saying I crashed it and didn't shut the power off hence frying the ESC...(utter rubbish) They tried to charge me