• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Bez's 100+MPH 1:8 On Road Project - End result 110Mph :)

-BEZ-

gutted for you mate

hope things work out and you hit the 100+

dan

It happens mate, no point in getting upset about it, as after all it was its maiden run, so i expected some crap to hit the fan. Gotta look at the silver linings, nothing of mine caught fire, chassis is straight, and the car drives straight as an arrow, so once the ESC is sorted I will continue to push the project.

I do have to say one thing tho, the Sirius 1717 is better than the traxxas 1717 1650. which was a pleasant surprise :)

Edited by -BEZ-

It happens mate, no point in getting upset about it, as after all it was its maiden run, so i expected some crap to hit the fan. Gotta look at the silver linings, nothing of mine caught fire, chassis is straight, and the car drives straight as an arrow, so once the ESC is sorted I will continue to push the project.

I do have to say one thing tho, the Sirius 1717 is better than the traxxas 1717 1650. which was a pleasant surprise :)

Would have thought it would be the other way around tbh, but that's even better, gives some confidence to people to get the sirius motor. How long till you get the ESC sorted?

Not sure on the MGM, but no massive rush tbh, I will try a disposable xerun for some parallel testing and get it on a bushnell.

But yeah the Sirius 1717 was alot more torqey than the traxxas motor, so I know I have the right motor for now just need to address the power issue lol

couldn't see mate, it was too bright ........but i think it was just a weird failure tbh firmware update helped a bit but it still just kept dropping out, im not going to try and figure out what it was as both myself and nick couldn't figure it out so its probs just a hardware glitch.

Once its back I will continue to aim to go as fast as the chassis will allow lol

Good efforts today Bez! :) Both the Sirius 1717s showed some good power.

It was very similar to the issues you had Joe, I've got both of them now, so going to speak to Martin about it. Disappointing really, it seems to be a strange bug with them. On paper they have some incredible potential, lets hope there is an easy solution!

Oh I only got home at 8.00 last night, anyone for some soldering.

you know you love them 4mm bullets mate lol

................ so as the DM1 is off the road while the MGM is going for technical inspection. I've decided to start project DM1 Diet lol

• Like 1

So 6s then

6s pfffft no lol

I want to focus on 8s but for now its going to be tested on 6s until MGM comes back.

Diet will consist of Nano A-Spec lipos and a carbon chassis running foams might drop a few grams off too, but I've never had a lot of luck traction wise with them lol The aim is to attempt to cut 1kg off the existing weight of the car fully loaded.

lol yeah always an option, not alot of high mAh 4s on their site atm, but im sure that will change over time :xd:

Looks like im going to need to liquidate a few RC assets to pay for some improvements ie my Almost new traxxas 1717 and some lipos soon. Also got a R1 to sell so project is looking good for future progress lol

• 1 month later...

6s pfffft no lol

I want to focus on 8s but for now its going to be tested on 6s until MGM comes back.

Diet will consist of Nano A-Spec lipos and a carbon chassis running foams might drop a few grams off too, but I've never had a lot of luck traction wise with them lol The aim is to attempt to cut 1kg off the existing weight of the car fully loaded.

So how's the diet coke DM-1 coming along then?

slowly atm, MGM went back to the factory to sort the glitch out, which im told has been done xD

I need to re design the chassis a bit but i need to get some CAD skills first, I have spoken to fiber lyte and they can cut it, which saves me one hell of a horrible job.

All going well it will be ready for more testing next year, but as these type of projects take alot of money it tends to take alot of time to save up for the parts lol

slowly atm, MGM went back to the factory to sort the glitch out, which im told has been done xD

I need to re design the chassis a bit but i need to get some CAD skills first, I have spoken to fiber lyte and they can cut it, which saves me one hell of a horrible job.

All going well it will be ready for more testing next year, but as these type of projects take alot of money it tends to take alot of time to save up for the parts lol

Nice one man, at least its progressing slowly but surely. Are you going for the same type of chassis you have in aluminium now? Theres a DM-1 on eBay that has a custom chassis by SNR: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ofna-1-8-DM-1-Spec-E-/321010051111?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D3178798368187319434%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D321010051111%26

So did they tell you what the problem was with the MGM esc and when you're getting it back?

Nice one man, at least its progressing slowly but surely. Are you going for the same type of chassis you have in aluminium now? Theres a DM-1 on eBay that has a custom chassis by SNR: http://www.ebay.co.u...d=321010051111

So did they tell you what the problem was with the MGM esc and when you're getting it back?

Yeah im going to do the same design in carbon, but im going to extend the rear of the chassis between 5 and 10mm. Not entirely sure on what was wrong, but im sure I will get a report once i have it back :good: