• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

FTX Siege

bajakid97

A lot of people will immediately tell you to buy a Firestorm but the Siege is worth a look too. I have the Edge which is the buggy version but they're very similar apart from wheels and shocks and other small bits and pieces. The parts list for most items are identical. It's been great for me, never driven it on 3S though, only 2S and it's very fast. You can buy a optional metal diff and idler gears and I think I'd do that before trying 3S.

Mine wheelies like mad on 2S (after tightening the slipper clutch slightly) and handles well. The Siege is probably more fun as it's higher. Only thing is the included battery is low on capacity so you might want another lipo to keep you busy as the included one probably only lasts 20 mins.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Evo_ermine
  • Like 1

How have you found it? Decent car? Presumably you'll say yes as you're selling one but interested to know from an owners point of view.

The car itself was good the electrics it came with weren't brilliant but they did the job throughout my time of having it. The shell is very good however the weak point of the chassis is just under where the front bulkhead attaches, its a little weak but that's because its plastic.

Can take a good bashing though. I would still say get a SP RS2 over it for value for money but for second hand the siege you cant go wrong with

• 3 years later...

I see this is a very old thread but I have started RACING both the Firestorm and the Siege in anger.

Clipboard02_zpspcov6pwn.jpg

The firestorm on whole has been good and strong and the only real issues have been water in the electrics, nothing has broke and it handled pretty well once I had the new esc set up right.

Due to running the Firestorm the Seige didn't get run much outdoors, I managed 3 races and was well off the pace because I was trying to use the Steerwheel tranny that it cam with and really couldn't get on with it, the esc wasn't much good either, just rolled on too much off throttle

During the 3 races i did run I didn't break anything only the front body mount, which had also being broke during practice so i was now on a repaired one which I thought I'd made stronger, however it broke while racing indoors on carpet so now has been replaced with a Firestorm one for strength. It is a pretty good fit and looks like it belongs there.

50_zpsmykjbbce.jpg

other upgrades I've made are gluing a long M3 grub screw into the front axle so I can use a threadlock nut instead of a screw on the wheels

37_zpsyemkwhy2.jpg

Moving the shocks to the back of the shock tower so they aren't slanting at a ridiculous angle. You can get a kit off FTX to do this now but I just used a longer machine screw and some Traxxas shock mountings and an M3 nut and a couple of washers...simples

49_zpsibrcyinj.jpg

45s_zpssg6dajgv.jpg

Once the shocks have been moved the body has to be moved forward so it fits, it does look better forward though

48_zpsxu3bdei4.jpg

I've raced it 3 times now indoors, the first time i was mixing it with my Firestorm so it didn't get the full 5 races but apart from grip issues it handles well.

A week later I tried some different tyres, Shumacher Vee 2's in Yellow on the back and Blue Vee 2's with the vee cut out on the front. When ot went it was all over the place in the end I bent two new rear axles and broke a front wishbone which took woith it  a tie rod which bent and a shock bottom that broke.

All replaired for last week and i wondered if the breakages were a one off and it seemed they were as I managed all 6 races without any trouble and it handled like a dream, very close to the 4wd Micro buggies we'd been put in a heat with.

I have high hopes for it at the Kidderminster summer series. At last count there were 14 stadium trucks booked in so a good number to how it compares.

• 1 year later...
On 29/03/2016 at 15:48, Legend Racer said:

I see this is a very old thread but I have started RACING both the Firestorm and the Siege in anger.

Clipboard02_zpspcov6pwn.jpg

The firestorm on whole has been good and strong and the only real issues have been water in the electrics, nothing has broke and it handled pretty well once I had the new esc set up right.

Due to running the Firestorm the Seige didn't get run much outdoors, I managed 3 races and was well off the pace because I was trying to use the Steerwheel tranny that it cam with and really couldn't get on with it, the esc wasn't much good either, just rolled on too much off throttle

During the 3 races i did run I didn't break anything only the front body mount, which had also being broke during practice so i was now on a repaired one which I thought I'd made stronger, however it broke while racing indoors on carpet so now has been replaced with a Firestorm one for strength. It is a pretty good fit and looks like it belongs there.

50_zpsmykjbbce.jpg

other upgrades I've made are gluing a long M3 grub screw into the front axle so I can use a threadlock nut instead of a screw on the wheels

37_zpsyemkwhy2.jpg

Moving the shocks to the back of the shock tower so they aren't slanting at a ridiculous angle. You can get a kit off FTX to do this now but I just used a longer machine screw and some Traxxas shock mountings and an M3 nut and a couple of washers...simples

49_zpsibrcyinj.jpg

45s_zpssg6dajgv.jpg

Once the shocks have been moved the body has to be moved forward so it fits, it does look better forward though

48_zpsxu3bdei4.jpg

I've raced it 3 times now indoors, the first time i was mixing it with my Firestorm so it didn't get the full 5 races but apart from grip issues it handles well.

A week later I tried some different tyres, Shumacher Vee 2's in Yellow on the back and Blue Vee 2's with the vee cut out on the front. When ot went it was all over the place in the end I bent two new rear axles and broke a front wishbone which took woith it  a tie rod which bent and a shock bottom that broke.

All replaired for last week and i wondered if the breakages were a one off and it seemed they were as I managed all 6 races without any trouble and it handled like a dream, very close to the 4wd Micro buggies we'd been put in a heat with.

I have high hopes for it at the Kidderminster summer series. At last count there were 14 stadium trucks booked in so a good number to how it compares.

Hey, I don't suppose you remember where those front tyres are from for the Siege?

Looking for some better tyres for my sons car, but can only seem to find the stock tyres. Some different wheels or other cool parts would be good too but again can't seem to find anything

Yours looks quite modified from looking at the picture 

Many thanks! :)

Edited by Ash59fifty-uk

2 hours ago, Ash59fifty-uk said:

Hey, I don't suppose you remember where those front tyres are from for the Siege?

They're Schumacher V2's, (the fronts are the harder blue and the rear are softer yellow compound) most model shops will have them or can get them as they're quite common.

Looking for some better tyres for my sons car, but can only seem to find the stock tyres. Some different wheels or other cool parts would be good too but again can't seem to find anything

There's quite a lot of stadium Truck tyres around, just check out the various websites for 2.2 truck tyres ;) 

You won't find any wheels that fit properly, I've tried ;)

Yours looks quite modified from looking at the picture 

Many thanks! :)

It's not modded that much in those pictures just moved the shock position (which FTX now sell a kit for anyway but it's easy to do without)

Since that up date I've modded it a bit more just to make it stronger, like using HPI rear axles as the FTX ones kept bending (I think I had to use HPI driveshafts too if I remember rightly)

• Like 1

Got my daughter a brushless Seige a while ago. The diff didnt last long so upgraded that and she was forever smashing up the front end. Its not a bad car but the FTX plastics dont take such a beating as the HPI stuff. Depends how hard you are going to be on it. 

I ended up putting a Traxxas Slash front bumper on it to save me on repair bills! :)

Edited by RCMonkee