• Join our community

Sign-up for free and join our friendly community to chat and share all things R/C!

Hyper 7 conversion help please

lilllad83

I've had a look around the hyper 7 conversion threads, and there are a few!

Im wondering what motor mount you would recommend after having used them for a while etc as I know it's quite an old car, I've only managed to find the rcm, integy and ansmann mounts (no uk stock) are there any others I've missed that might be in stock in uk?

Thanks

I went for RC monsters one, v happy.

That black look sweet!

I have the Ansmann kit with a 2200kv HobbyKing motor and I'm very happy with the results.

Did u have probz fitting the batts tray as I've seen a few people struggling needing holes drilling etc?

If I got the rcm mount can anyone recommend a batts tray that's min modding to install?

This should be a direct fit

http://www.modelsport.co.uk/team-c-brushless-conversion-kit-for-ethnic-hobao-hyper-7-ansmann-virus-terrier/rc-car-products/369638

Also get a plate to mount your receiver with this kit I believe!

Id seen that, I emailed ms but they said they've been waiting for a delivery for ages and won't have it in the forseable future :-/

Or i would have ordered asap :-(

I have the Ansmann kit with a 2200kv HobbyKing motor and I'm very happy with the results.

Is that the same size as the castle/Sirius 2200?

Cheers

I used this kit

Look at this on eBay:

Brushless Conversion Kit for Hobao Hyper 8 w-Pinion Gear also SPRINT CAR c23710

http://bit.ly/NIsc4m

You do have to drill 3 holes for the battery tray but it's really easy. Motor mount fits perfectly. You will need longer Velcro straps for 5s or 6s and the pinion is no good as its to small.

I used this kit

Look at this on eBay:

Brushless Conversion Kit for Hobao Hyper 8 w-Pinion Gear also SPRINT CAR c23710

http://bit.ly/NIsc4m

You do have to drill 3 holes for the battery tray but it's really easy. Motor mount fits perfectly. You will need longer Velcro straps for 5s or 6s and the pinion is no good as its to small.

that's probably the one I'll get I recon.. Unless anyone has other options not mentioned? Edited by lilllad83

the ansmann one is plenty strong enough no problems with mounting a 1965kv hpi flux i got my kit via modelsport it only took 5 days from ordering

I used the ansmann kit in hyper 7/virus mix, ive used castle 2200/2650 am now on leopard 2000 4274. although these motors do rub on the chassis due to being girthy the conversion kit does work very well. i have also changed the layout from ansmanns instructions, i will post pics when i get it out for its weekend run around:D

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Currently on 15t, used mainly off road, i also run 5s, hobbyking 120a esc

51611faa-6a0c-eb08.jpg

Edited by naymo

Recon I'll get the ansmann setup then as u get all that's needed for the conversion etc..

I like the way u layed ur steering servo on it's side to accommodate the rx, where did u get the mounts for side ways mounting?

Mine are just straight up posts, also what shocks are they as mine are adjusted with plastic clips, which pop out when landing from tiny jumps lol

Cheers

Like i said earlier its a hyper 7/ansmann virus hybrid, servo mounts are from virus 2 as are the shocks.

I had to drill quite a lot of the chassis but its worth ut in the end

51611faa-9199-a1f6.jpg

51611faa-91e3-0e62.jpg

Edited by naymo